Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don’t care too much about a plough. But I do hope Tesla’s front and rear bumpers are somewhat modular or replaceable so you can support things like this. Similarly, a big pusher bumper. Winch mounts, hooks. Cow catchers, you name it.
Sponsored

GuyYost

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD 2 motor FSD on order, 2017 Tundra
Occupation
IT consultant
Country flag
No plow, no deal. Gotta have a snow plow capability, and NOT attached to rear hitch (can't imagine plowing my driveway backwards). All I need is a 2" hitch receiver on the front and a 12v hookup.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I know that there are some light-duty plows with aluminum blades (i.e. snowsport).

However, I do I run a stainless wear-edge on the small plow I use on my compact tractor. I don't want the plow-scrape shavings that rust and turn into brown scrape marks on my new concrete driveway, Also I don't have to worry about leaving a rust stain line on my garage floor where I park it.
Polyurethane edge solves that and wear less

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F350 Platinum HO, 2022 F150 Platinum
Country flag
I am going to need to attach a snow plow. Stainless steel, of course, V plow. Do you think this will be a one-off or standard procedure?
This will be a one-off (custom).

You will need to get a custom mount for it done if you want a V-Plow (I am assuming Sno-Way, Boss, or Western).

Some of the dealers I have worked with in the past in Colorado can make them.

Scott2613

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 S Plaid Track Pack 22 Model X 22 S Plaid 18 M3
Occupation
Owner, Marshall Auto
Country flag
I am going to need to attach a snow plow. Stainless steel, of course, V plow. Do you think this will be a one-off or standard procedure?
I started a thread on this subject a while ago. As more user experience and reviews come out, it’s apparent that this truck is not purpose built for work. The main focus seems to be attention getting appearance, new technology showcase and sporty, off road capability. I am looking forward to getting ours although I’m not really the “How do you like me now? Range Rover type”. Perhaps there will be some as yet undiscovered utility uses. Also, without any apparent undercarraige mounting points a typical plow would be difficult to install securely.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I started a thread on this subject a while ago. As more user experience and reviews come out, it’s apparent that this truck is not purpose built for work.
Citation not included.

An underbody frame is not 'work'. It's just how you're used to working.

-Crissa

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F350 Platinum HO, 2022 F150 Platinum
Country flag
That doesn't disagree with me. It's not just the air dam that's in the way.

-Crissa
Well you said "Nope" to his question when he asked if you can attach a plow to a F150 Lightening. The proper response was "It would require modification"... not "Nope". I was disagreeing with the "Nope".

tbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150 Lariat - Cybertruck Res #113xxx
Country flag
I think it is going to come down to the attachment kit you use and plow manufacturer. Most plows have various attachment kits to fit the frame of different models. You would really need to check with the manufacturer of the plow you are considering or a third-party mounting kit provider. If they are not going to make a kit, then it might be a one-off if you are not willing to wait.

Of course, the other consideration is, what is the front-axle weight rating for the CT. I have not seen that, but it is something to validate before you put up to 1000 pounds hanging on the front. I know the frunk is limited to somewhere between 400 and 500 pounds.

Others may have more information or better information.
Sponsored