Snow plowing

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Mount the plow on the front bumper and use air suspension to lift the back and drop the front.
That might work if most of your driving is plowing and you need only a few inches of up/down. But if it's mostly roading, I doubt you'd be happy in a tilted truck.

If the Teslarati don't offer an option for a front and/or rear plow that can be tilted and raised/lowered, I'd expect order cancellations.
Sponsored

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
This has been a subject of interest to me for quite some time. I currently have a Ram with a plow that I use mostly for personal use, but I also clear a few commercial properties we own. I would hate to give up the plow as it has made my life so much easier. No standing out in the cold pushing a snow blower for hours. I could probably get away with a back plow if that’s the only option. I hope to hear some feedback from others who have used their CT in this manner. But with winter coming to a close and few, if any, CTs have made it to the northeast, I might have to wait until next season for that input

OP
OP

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I plowed commercially for 27 years. I used F250’s Tundra’s and Jeep Wrangler. I had 55 accounts and had three other drivers. I am ready to sell my last business and then I won’t need a plow. But if I need a plow I’ll use the Boss back drag plow. Probably 12’ until I no longer need it. If I were still plowing it would actually be good for the larger lots we did. I think it will work out just fine

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
For those still looking for a way to plow with their CT, you might want to look into what Zac and Jesse did to enable plowing with their electric F150.

Sponsored