Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
i do agree they should start slowing delivery in places like CA and redirecting them to places that have no orders yet. and the "the service centers must need X" argument would be valid if the CT hasnt been on a slow train since 2019 theres no excuse for not having all that done already, but oh well, ill enjoy another month or 2 of my 5% interest on this 100k and deal with it i guess :p
Sponsored

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
For the people who say they can’t deliver Cybertrucks to centers that have no trained technicians that is completely BS. There is such a thing as online conference calls, FaceTiming, and maintenance manuals. This is not rocket science!
My timeframe is Feb to April. If they offered it right now I would say I have to delay because I have a home mortgage coming up at the end of the month. But if my VIN stretches into May they are personally see me down in Austin want to talk to someone.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
Dazajj, I understand how frustrating the way these deliveries are rolling out can be. Here's one of my 10 minute yoga videos to help you process through some of that stress. Might be a good idea when you've processed to dwell on some hidden positives. For example: perhaps this works out really well for you where some issues get resolved with these earlier reservations and when you do receive your CT it will be even better! Breathe deep, be well ✌🏽
Thanks man. Much appreciated!!

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
For the people who say they can’t deliver Cybertrucks to centers that have no trained technicians that is completely BS. There is such a thing as online conference calls, FaceTiming, and maintenance manuals. This is not rocket science!
My timeframe is Feb to April. If they offered it right now I would say I have to delay because I have a home mortgage coming up at the end of the month. But if my VIN stretches into May they are personally see me down in Austin want to talk to someone.
I spoke with one of the managers at the Charlotte SC and she said that the training is being conducted online… i was asking about switching my delivery location to Charlotte due to Raleigh SC folks not being trained, and she said that they all train virtually and that they Raleigh folks should have been trained by now. Just an FYi for everyone

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I spoke with one of the managers at the Charlotte SC and she said that the training is being conducted online… i was asking about switching my delivery location to Charlotte due to Raleigh SC folks not being trained, and she said that they all train virtually and that they Raleigh folks should have been trained by now. Just an FYi for everyone
Yup everything is online. I’m a handy guy and know with YouTube I can accomplish anything.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Yup everything is online. I’m a handy guy and know with YouTube I can accomplish anything.
i finished my basement during covid, including adding a movie theater, by watching videos on youtube, i agree with this ;)

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
im still salty at the 20k early tax

BuzzBasswood

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X Plaid, 2020 Model Y Performance
Country flag
well if it makes you feel better

I’m a Dec 8 beast order in SoCal.
Still no VIN and I sent in final payment in December! 😂
Tesla called me yesterday to inform me of delivery and he specifically said to not pay until I am ready to accept delivery. He said they have had many people submitting payment thinking it might improve delivery time and he assured me it is in no way linked.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
Tesla called me yesterday to inform me of delivery and he specifically said to not pay until I am ready to accept delivery. He said they have had many people submitting payment thinking it might improve delivery time and he assured me it is in no way linked.
Congrats!!

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Contractor, Electrical Engr, Master Electrician
Country flag
just remember model 3 took 6 months to show up in the northeast. lets hope it dosnt get that bad
during the early days of model 3 delivery, Tesla didn’t follow RN either. Bach then legacy Tesla owners got priority. I waited in line outside a Tesla store at 3:30am and was first 25 people who reserved, but had to watch ‘rich kids’ zipping around in their parents’ Model 3 during early delivery and only got picked up mine at the end of April 2018 (invited and configured in Feb 2018, received VIN in March 2018).

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Country flag
During our last salty round, some smart pants came out and educated everyone by saying that East Coast/Mid-Atlantic region has no delivery because it lacks major interstate highway to Austin. This guy said that all the states with on-going deliveries have interstate highways linking them to Austin.

Can anyone verify this claim?

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Country flag
By now, we know that the reason can't be 'serviceability.' because in places like Northern Virginia there are three service centers within 35 miles of each other. The reason can't be 'cold weather' either because places like Oregon, Colorado, Washington are nowhere warmer than the east coast and had their share of major snow falls too in recent weeks.

Being someone ordered on Dec 16 and approaching three months without a VIN, I'm salty too. But I tried to calm myself by thinking about all the owners who had issues with their 48V systems and rear steering actuators, hoping by the time the delivery starting in the east coast/mid-Atlantic region, Tesla would sort out these issues and my CT would be problem-free. 🤞

Techy Golfer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
SaaS
Country flag
During our last salty round, some smart pants came out and educated everyone by saying that East Coast/Mid-Atlantic region has no delivery because it lacks major interstate highway to Austin. This guy said that all the states with on-going deliveries have interstate highways linking them to Austin.

Can anyone verify this claim?
KC has I70 and I35 and is one of the largest rail hubs in the country with every Class I railroad delivering here. One Employee delivery and a hauler’s worth of configurations from 12/9 to 12/28 and no VINs assigned.