Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We all saw TSLA split after driving the price over $1000/sh the first time. Is this likely to happen again or is it going run the price up so the small investor has lost the opportunity to own part of this awesome technology company?
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
We all saw TSLA split after driving the price over $1000/sh the first time. Is this likely to happen again or is it going run the price up so the small investor has lost the opportunity to own part of this awesome technology company?
It doesn't have to split again - there's no requirement to do so.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My records show that it split at about $1,400/share near the end of July, 2020. One argument at the time was that the price was too high for Tesla to offer stock incentives to employees but I don't buy that necessarily. It agrees with your reasoning (and my wife's) though. As mentioned already, there is no rule or requirement for a company to split its stock but I do believe that they have to be given permission to do so by the exchange they are in, in this case S&P. Personally I like the idea. When the price per share goes down then little people buy stock and the price slowly goes up again, which is good for those of us that own a few shares.

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry 2018
Occupation
Janitorial and Cleaning Company
Country flag
The stock was at $ 2200.00 when the 5 to 1 split happened. When the stock price gets to hight they split the stock to bring the price down ( in this case to 420 of course ) I expect the stock to split again when its hits those highs. Maybe about late 2022 or early 2023. I am long on TSLA !

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My records show that it split at about $1,400/share near the end of July, 2020. One argument at the time was that the price was too high for Tesla to offer stock incentives to employees but I don't buy that necessarily. It agrees with your reasoning (and my wife's) though. As mentioned already, there is no rule or requirement for a company to split its stock but I do believe that they have to be given permission to do so by the exchange they are in, in this case S&P. Personally I like the idea. When the price per share goes down then little people buy stock and the price slowly goes up again, which is good for those of us that own a few shares.
The stock options angle may well be significant.

Stock options are basically Tesla’s money printing press.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The stock was at $ 2200.00 when the 5 to 1 split happened. When the stock price gets to hight they split the stock to bring the price down ( in this case to 420 of course ) I expect the stock to split again when its hits those highs. Maybe about late 2022 or early 2023. I am long on TSLA !
Elon’s stock dump provides evidence there exists institutional investor demand chasing TSLA that $9B hardly affected its price. Longterm bull prognosticators hold Tesla’s lead in technology, production efficiency and the fact that Tesla has become a noun(people buy a Tesla not an EV), changes its class of investment.

TSLA may choose to join the hallowed ranks of Warren Buffet rarified BRK (Berkshire Hathaway). Elon’s wealth has exceeded the man himself. SO there may be all the institutional money Tesla needs available without the small investor.

TSLA needs the small investor to buy Teslas. It’s going to be interesting to see if TSLA copies AAPL or BRK.