SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Exactly...and that coachman has about 10 time the exterior material, plus wheels, axle, cabinets, etc.

I like the space camper, but unlike Big Money Grip @Ogre , I'm more like a reluctant $3k sure, but $5k mmmmaybe?.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Exactly...and that coachman has about 10 time the exterior material, plus wheels, axle, cabinets, etc.

I like the space camper, but unlike Big Money Grip @Ogre , I'm more like a reluctant $3k sure, but $5k mmmmaybe?.
LOL

For reference most roof top tents are in the $2000 - $5000 ballpark. You can get a full on truck bed camper with a crapper and a kitchen for $25k

This is a bit nicer than a RTT but $24k is cray cray

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The new grifter targets... Cybertruck owners who plan to camp.

These campers are all a joke that no one should be dropping real cash on until they have real products. And they can't have real products until the cybertruck is really available.

It's insane the other one has been fully funded on Kickstarter or whatever website they used.

You have no idea what end product you are putting money down on until the truck has been released. these camper designs are just fantasy at this point.

Btw, agreed that price is insane for essentially a fancy bed cover. Designer smoking some serious crack thinking that is acceptable pricing. You can literally buy an RV for that price. A bed cover is like 1k. A fancy bed cover should not be anywhere over 5k.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
These campers are all a joke that no one should be dropping real cash on until they have real products. And they can't have real products until the cybertruck is really available.
yep. The whole crowdfunding movement is a little weird

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
I do not understand the benefits of a tent on the truck. The only thing I’ve heard is protection from bears and scorpions. Bears can climb trees, so how could they not climb onto the back of my Cybertruck?

I would much rather put a $100 Costco tent next to my truck. Or just sleep under the stars (better view, save $100), and if the weather turns, then I’ll move to the cab. Ideally, the front seats will fold flat so I can just move my Thermarest from outside.

This saves me from having to unload all of my gear (mountain bikes, backpacks, rafts, microwave oven,…) from the bed of the truck and also saves me, I just learned, $24,000.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I do not understand the benefits of a tent on the truck. The only thing I’ve heard is protection from bears and scorpions. Bears can climb trees, so how could they not climb onto the back of my Cybertruck?

I would much rather put a $100 Costco tent next to my truck. Or just sleep under the stars (better view, save $100), and if the weather turns, then I’ll move to the cab. Ideally, the front seats will fold flat so I can just move my Thermarest from outside.

This saves me from having to unload all of my gear (mountain bikes, backpacks, rafts, microwave oven,…) from the bed of the truck and also saves me, I just learned, $24,000.
A lot of my friends feel the same way.

In my book it boils down to how much time it saves you setting up and breaking down and the comfort of having a better mattress on a flat level surface.

Is that worth… $24k? Nah. Maybe $5k if it saves a bunch of time and effort. But much like you I ride mountain bikes a lot and want to use my truck at the destination.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I love great ideas for the CT but my wife prefer total comfort if she go with me for the traveling. I will stick with the reservation with Cyberlandr.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag

...and with the camper down, it doubles as a hearse!
Tesla Cybertruck Space Campers for Cybertruck is fantastic! Screenshot_20220603-000740_Chrome

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
I will say. This platform has piqued my interest enough to reinvigorate my enthusiasm for CT. Its been dying on the vine lately...

Still, not enough to take SpaceCamper seriously at that price point.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
LOL

For reference most roof top tents are in the $2000 - $5000 ballpark. You can get a full on truck bed camper with a crapper and a kitchen for $25k

This is a bit nicer than a RTT but $24k is cray cray
That is correct. It's also correct that I own none of those overpriced tents.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I guess I sort of can see some utility to having all these features in a 40 sf space, but unless I am camping in a parking stall, its a tough sell for me. Most often if you are somewhere comfortable enough to pop up your $25k posh camping shell you will likely be out camping with space to set up a small kitchen, table and tent etc. with much more utility and space than cramming it into the bed of your truck.

This is probably the most aesthetically accurate shell for the truck that I have seen so far. And if it were just a shell for $4k to $5k i would probably put a deposit down.

I think the coolest option out there right now is what we are seeing with Heimplanet and Alpha Motors. They have an inflateable structure that attaches to the truck and adds a ton of space. I can easily see the CT having a compressed air reservoir and this tent folding up like a airplane escape slide and pushing a button and having your tent up in 20 seconds. I would pay a couple thousand for that.

If you haven't checked out what Alpha Motors is up to lately you really need to check it out. They have some of the coolest concepts around and I think we all need to be rooting for them. And no, i am in no way financially connected to them. I have said a couple times that it would be a really smart move for tesla to buy Alpha and make those vehicles a reality. There is a very small chance that they will ever make it to reality and they have such a cool concept and I really think Telsa needs to keep getting out of its comfort zone to stay on top.
Sponsored