Starlink and Starship are cool, but ... I want my CyberTruck!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The only news from Tesla and Elon Musk these days seems to be about Starship and Starlink launches. That is all fine and good, but I am dying for news about: (1) what the final CyberTruck features and specs are, (2) when the FSD beta 9 will be released, (3) when we will see a herd of CTs roaming about, (4) when the first 8K-ton gigapress will arrive in Austin, etc. It is already the dog days of summer and I am dying for news I can sink my teeth into. Come on!!!!
Sponsored

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
The only news from Tesla and Elon Musk these days seems to be about Starship and Starlink launches. That is all fine and good, but I am dying for news about: (1) what the final CyberTruck features and specs are, (2) when the FSD beta 9 will be released, (3) when we will see a herd of CTs roaming about, (4) when the first 8K-ton gigapress will arrive in Austin, etc. It is already the dog days of summer and I am dying for news I can sink my teeth into. Come on!!!!
Agreed!! Hurry up Tesla!!

The image attached is a big reason why. I love my Golf R, but I've had so many flats and slow leaks. This was the latest and the worst, the tire completely came of the rim, I must have hit something. Thankfully I was able to exit the highway and change it for the donut spare, but wow I can't wait to have less concerns about this but still have a faster 0-60 time!

Tesla Cybertruck Starlink and Starship are cool, but ... I want my CyberTruck! 20210620_213227993_iOS

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Agreed!! Hurry up Tesla!!

The image attached is a big reason why. I love my Golf R, but I've had so many flats and slow leaks. This was the latest and the worst, the tire completely came of the rim, I must have hit something. Thankfully I was able to exit the highway and change it for the donut spare, but wow I can't wait to have less concerns about this but still have a faster 0-60 time!

20210620_213227993_iOS.jpg
That is indeed sad and a good thing that you were safe because it looks like it could have been much worse. Your anxieties are more founded than mine. I am just stewing in my own juice here but at least my car (knock on wood) is still functional.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
That is indeed sad and a good thing that you were safe because it looks like it could have been much worse. Your anxieties are more founded than mine. I am just stewing in my own juice here but at least my car (knock on wood) is still functional.
Yeah, I had three kids in the car too! It's an extremely competent car, I almost didn't notice! The car stayed controllable. It's really a superb piece of engineering. VW know a thing or two about making cars. Anyway, I think the tire stayed on the rim most of the time, was probably flat due to hitting an obstacle and then driving it at highway speed eventually caused the tire to detach from the rim. The tire pressure monitoring system didn't detect it because already one tire was low (had just triggered) and I was going to pump it up when I arrived at my destination. A strange confluence of events. Anyway, the car is functional on the spare and I'll have the rim repaired and tire replaced fairly soon.

I too can't wait for the CT, I actually have one tri motor on order (estimate in the spreadsheet is Oct 2022 for deliver), I have an additional 5 dual motor orders too, but those I'll get much later.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
The only news from Tesla and Elon Musk these days seems to be about Starship and Starlink launches. That is all fine and good, but I am dying for news about: (1) what the final CyberTruck features and specs are, (2) when the FSD beta 9 will be released, (3) when we will see a herd of CTs roaming about, ....
The free range herds of roaming Cybertrucks will only gradually emerge. This is because all Cybertrucks have a secret feature, a one click "Drive to Starship Launch" function.

Cybertrucks are free to join their herds after dropping their human riders off at Planetary Exit.
Sponsored