Cyberlove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If you had any doubt as to how incredible steer-by-wire is, just take a look at this video recorded moments ago. As I was driving down the road, someone decided to back out of their driveway super fast without looking. Instinctively, I turned left sharply and the truck literally hopped over to the other lane - you could even hear the tires screech a bit. Absolutely incredible. Even the temporary paper license plate flew from one side of the dash to the other.

Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I don't know if I would say he was pulling out super fast but the steering is impressive.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Wow! If you tell someone this is a video of a bicycle swiveling sharp left to avoid a collision, they would totally believe it! Nobody will believe it’s a 7000 lbs truck. I’m glad you are safe and avoided a collision. Imagine a kid sitting in the rear passenger of that other vehicle. Thank god everyone is safe!

Last edited:

defrostedcanuck

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Porsche Taycan, Cybertruck AWD FS
Occupation
Nerdy Sales Guy
Country flag
* 3 Ton truck

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Model 3, '17 RX350, eventually CT
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
If you had any doubt as to how incredible steer-by-wire is, just take a look at this video recorded moments ago. As I was driving down the road, someone decided to back out of their driveway super fast without looking. Instinctively, I turned left sharply and the truck literally hopped over to the other lane - you could even hear the tires screech a bit. Absolutely incredible. Even the temporary paper license plate flew from one side of the dash to the other.

This is the car version of Homer Simpson backing into the bushes gif, but in reverse. That thing came out of nowhere. Nice dodge.

Tesla Cybertruck Steer-by-wire helped prevent an accident -- dashcam video from my Cybertruck homer_simpson

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Either cut back those hedges or pull out nose first. What a numbskull, they should have their license taken away.

Nice hop over, that's insanely quick lateral movement for such a heavy vehicle.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The responsive steering is great and clearly the best feature of the truck but you also should have been able to stop in time. Changing lanes unexpectedly can also cause problems on the road.
In the future, FSD could do this much safer and quicker than any human driver because the vehicle's FSD can process images from front camera and side camera essentially at the same time without slow human delay when humans check two different directions.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No video. I can see an audio player

geoffgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FUSO FG140
Occupation
Recovering Engineer
Country flag
Wow! If you tell someone this is a video of a bicycle swiveling sharp left to avoid a collision, they would totally believe it! Nobody will believe it’s a 7 ton truck. I’m glad you are safe and avoided a collision. Imagine a kid sitting in the rear passenger of that other vehicle. Thank god everyone is safe!
7,000# - not "ton" (sic)
FixIt4ya 🤓
Sponsored