Stop Holding the Line

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Pretty tired of trying to read information about Cybertruck news and then reading another useless exchange about someone's place in line. I have two reservations that were made one month apart.

One. Whole. Month.

The first reservation was made as quickly as I could enter card information when the website went live, and the second I made on Christmas Eve over a month later. Those reservations are allegedly 400k apart in "line." An optimistic view says that the latter truck could be delivered by late 2026.
For all the people complaining about their place in line, wtf were you doing in the first 3 days? Scrounging up a fully refundable $100? Doubtful as you wouldn't also be able to scrape up the money for the truck, especially thinking at the time you were going to get it in 2021. The climb to 650k reservations happened about 5 months after that. The climb to a million reservations didn't happen for another 18 months. What were you doing then? Taylor Swift tickets sell out in minutes (seems to be the most complained about scalping beacon).

Please calm down and read this exert from the reservation agreement on 11/22/2019 (probably posted everywhere):
No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation. Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we
believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith. We may also cancel your pre-order and
refund your Pre-Order Payment if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your pre-order or if we determine that you are
acting in bad faith.
I want to hear how anyone who didn't order the first week (200k reservations), could "in good faith" complain about their place in line with a straight face.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This post feels a little more intense then it needs to be.

Not everyone is a huge Tesla fan.

And the truck was crazy looking

Just because you can afford a 100 dollar deposit doesn't mean you should.

Is it wrong to want to think out a decision?

Also, not everyone gets all the latest Tesla news immediately. Especially if you weren't even considering an EV.

And tbh. I really don't see people complaining that much about their place in line.

Especially because the queue will get blown up eventually anyway.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Pretty tired of trying to read information about Cybertruck news and then reading another useless exchange about someone's place in line. I have two reservations that were made one month apart.

One. Whole. Month.

The first reservation was made as quickly as I could enter card information when the website went live, and the second I made on Christmas Eve over a month later. Those reservations are allegedly 400k apart in "line." An optimistic view says that the latter truck could be delivered by late 2026.
For all the people complaining about their place in line, wtf were you doing in the first 3 days? Scrounging up a fully refundable $100? Doubtful as you wouldn't also be able to scrape up the money for the truck, especially thinking at the time you were going to get it in 2021. The climb to 650k reservations happened about 5 months after that. The climb to a million reservations didn't happen for another 18 months. What were you doing then? Taylor Swift tickets sell out in minutes (seems to be the most complained about scalping beacon).

Please calm down and read this exert from the reservation agreement on 11/22/2019 (probably posted everywhere):

I want to hear how anyone who didn't order the first week (200k reservations), could "in good faith" complain about their place in line with a straight face.

Cheers!
Telling peeps to “Please calm down” during the middle of your rant seems a little strange…. :D

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

One. Whole. Month.

Cheers!
... and then complain about the reselling clause.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag

One. Whole. Month.

Cheers!
What does Tesla do for someone like this that openly plans to profit from rentals of a limited produced vehicle? His orders were in way earlier than most.
Tesla Cybertruck Stop Holding the Line Screenshot 2023-11-12 144019

If Tesla honors his business model and "the line", everyone with multiple early reservations that were going to flip them, will now just open a business and do long term rentals for the first year, with a side agreement to purchase the vehicle after 12 months.

I think the whole idea of the line is a joke. If you have over one million real orders for a product but a max capacity of 200-250k per year, you mispriced the product.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag

One. Whole. Month.

Cheers!
I think you should drink some water and go touch grass.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
What does Tesla do for someone like this that openly plans to profit from rentals of a limited produced vehicle? His orders were in way earlier than most.
Screenshot 2023-11-12 144019.png

If Tesla honors his business model and "the line", everyone with multiple early reservations that were going to flip them, will now just open a business and do long term rentals for the first year, with a side agreement to purchase the vehicle after 12 months.

I think the whole idea of the line is a joke. If you have over one million real orders for a product but a max capacity of 200-250k per year, you mispriced the product.

I personally know 3 people who have over 40 reservations and any reasonable cost for them will be acceptable.
I myself have quite a few. 3 for the family and the rest for a purpose I will not be disclosing but originally were intended to enter service as my work fleet when it was a 6 seater.

Anyone else who has more than one surely intends to use them in some type of business venture otherwise they would only have 1. Its not like some rare awesome car with rare colors or specs such that someone would want choice in which to drive that day.

The only way to curb this is to price it such that the value of these enterprises is diminished.

OP
OP

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
... and then complain about the reselling clause.
I wasn't complaining, I was assuring those that thought people were cutting the line, that the original agreement already had provisions for reselling. No reason to get upset.
What’s the purpose of purchasing two trucks so soon? Scalp?
First was a tri-motor, second a dual motor. I thought hedging bets on getting a truck I needed vs the one I wanted was a smart play. Guess we will see on Nov 30th, because honestly I just want whatever has the highest range.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
We all know that once the price and specs get disclosed, a certain percentage will be dropping out. Who knows, maybe only 15% will actually still commit to purchasing.

Remember all this started before Covid.. Times have changed so has specs and most definitely price. Not to mention interest rates along with other players in the market.

We'll know in a few weeks what the fulfillment rate will be.

Sit tight and the real fun will begin soon enough.

Rick