Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
From Giga Rodeo recent released video of CyberTruck,

From the rear area of the CyberTruck,

Looks Like A Rear Sway Bar for the rear suspension,

And Possible room for a Spare Tire.

Tesla Cybertruck Sway Bar, and room for Spare Tire? New cybertrk image rear sway rear tire

Tesla Cybertruck Sway Bar, and room for Spare Tire? cybertruck back in
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think the spare tyre might fit in the underbed storage now. But I agree it would better to remove with stuff in the bed if it were underslung. And yep that's a sway bar and not a steering rod, I was kinda hoping they'd have an active anti roll setup, but maybe that is still in the works.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Would love to know where the spare goes. There were pictures of under bed trunk like the Honda Ridgeline but that would kill any space for spare. I can’t seem to see where else there is space for a spare. I would like to avoid putting a giant 37 inch full size spare in the bed, that would suck big time.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And Possible room for a Spare Tire.
Ok… I think I figured out the comment about a spare. I’m pretty sure @hridge2020 was referring to the empty area between the plastic air dam / skid plate thing and the bottom of the hitch and mechanical bits.

You would have to pull off the skid plate thing off to access it. I’m not sure how possible this would be, but I think I see what @hridge2020 is coming from.

cybertruck back in.jpg

Looking at this a bit more, it looks quite a bit like the hitch on my Model Y, it’s clear this hitch area will ship with a plate covering it so much of what you see will be hidden.

Take a look at the receiver and cover plate from the Model Y here. You can see a similar shape and clip tabs on the Cybertruck.

Tesla Cybertruck Sway Bar, and room for Spare Tire? 1649732250752

Looks like the one on the Cybertruck sticks out a lot more which is good because the Model Y receiver is a royal PITA to use.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Incidentally, taking the time to get the little plastic tabs for this feels a lot more like the sort of thing you’d see later in the production cycle. If it’s a 1 off part, I would think they would skip the tabs. That makes me think they have molds to shape those plastics.

/theory

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Where is 'room'? That gap is barely 4" wide where the arrow touches the truck?

-Crissa
Not the opening of the trailer hitch, view pass that and see the space behind it and underneath the bed space?

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
A group of us did something similar on the trail.

Fishing line and a needle to sew a sidewall, then shoved a bunch of plugs between the stitches and covered with a fair amount of duct tape. If worked well enough to get to the trail head.