Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Hopefully the tailgate wont be slippery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Standard contact sheets for deck gripping would work, too.

Lots of solutions. Might be able to score/texture the metal directly.

-Crissa

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
yeah im kinda wondering if the whole vault will be slick when wet

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
Spray in bed liner has a semi rough texture that would eliminate the smooth surface, It comes in some trucks from the factory but can be done by paint shops also.

Grantja9

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Country flag
My concern with the tailgate is that in every picture that I've seen, it's opened past 90 degrees. This makes a flip stop useless, and you can't sit on it. Older trucks had chains that stopped the tailgate at 90 degrees, and newer trucks have cables. CT has neither.

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
My concern with the tailgate is that in every picture that I've seen, it's opened past 90 degrees. This makes a flip stop useless, and you can't sit on it. Older trucks had chains that stopped the tailgate at 90 degrees, and newer trucks have cables. CT has neither.
I imagine that was a prototype issue.

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
looks level to me

Tesla Cybertruck Tailgate. 05_Deskto

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
looks level to me

05_Desktop.jpg
Yep looks like on the same plane as the bed of the truck. I''m surprised nobody has mentioned those stripes. Most people think those are grooves or T-Slots that would make the inside of the tailgate an AWESOME workbench! With T-Slots you could temp. mount saws, clamps and other tools directly to the inside surface of the tailgate. Plus, you would have removable raised rubber filler/traction strips inside those grooves when you're not needing to use the T-Slots. In this photo, it looks like the rubber filler strips are in the T-slots, which would raise flat material off the flat SS deck making it easier to grab, plus creating traction. The Cybertruck is AWESOME!!!!!

OP
OP

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
I have seen similar pictures. It should stay at 90, as I sit and sometimes fish from the back, heck with this vehicle and a winch I would chance getting much, much closer to a fishing spot than I would normally.

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Nice, I wonder how they get it to stop at different angles, and if there'd be a weight limit at 90 degrees.
Unknown.jpeg
I'm wondering the same thing. Rewatching the Jay Leno segment, it appears the tailgate goes past 90° when Elon stands on the bed cover.

Tesla Cybertruck Tailgate. Screenshot_20201107-220626

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
With T-Slots you could temp. mount saws, clamps and other tools directly to the inside surface of the tailgate. Plus, you would have removable raised rubber filler/traction strips inside those grooves when you're not needing to use the T-Slots. In this photo, it looks like the rubber filler strips are in the T-slots, which would raise flat material off the flat SS deck making it easier to grab, plus creating traction. The Cybertruck is AWESOME!!!!!
Im very excited about all the possibilities for the T-slots. That is a very good point about the functionality of the rubber filler strips. Genius!
Sponsored