Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ahhh so it was my underlying assumption of said cell's energy density that was wrong- got it 👍 thanks Crissa! My research partner Corona has been fired btw (until tomorrow at least)...
Yeah, the amount of storage in the cells could be as low as 60Wh, too. Hard to be more exact right now, I don't have the exact number of cells or Munro's teardown data yet ^-^

-Crissa
Sponsored

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Yeah, the amount of storage in the cells could be as low as 60Wh, too. Hard to be more exact right now, I don't have the exact number of cells or Munro's teardown data yet ^-^

-Crissa
Excuses excuses..

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The rumor is the structural LFP design uses CATL Blade batteries. But nothing is confirmed.

Has Sandy done a tear-down of an LFP Model 3 to see where they're getting their cells from?

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The rumor is the structural LFP design uses CATL Blade batteries. But nothing is confirmed.

Has Sandy done a tear-down of an LFP Model 3 to see where they're getting their cells from?

-Crissa
I have not seen a tear down of a Model 3 LFP.

They started on the Model Y from Texas (another thread).

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I tried to get a job at the Fremont cell factory. no luck, my spy techniques are failing us. :ROFLMAO:
My son who used to work for Tesla said it is and the design sections are the top secret part of the facility. Although technically he should have access to all, he needs special permit to be able to enter these areas.

He told himself, see if sparks starts flying inside if they would dispense with the permit process. Fortunately it never happened.

He got a hint of the development of Tesla pick-up, eventually the Cybertruck, when he saw a team reverse engineering and disassembling the aluminum F150.
Sponsored