Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wall Street won't understand what was said.
Tesla didn't become the most valuable(by market capitalization) of all auto manufacturers( more than Toyota, Volkswagen, Daimler, GM, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Fiat Chrysler and Ford combined) without Wall Street understanding its value.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla didn't become the most valuable(by market capitalization) of all auto manufacturers( more than Toyota, Volkswagen, Daimler, GM, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Fiat Chrysler and Ford combined) without Wall Street understanding its value.
Wallstreet will likely treat this much like battery day. News of future potential product enhancements is always met with a little skepticism and the stock takes a hit.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
News of future potential product enhancements is always met with a little skepticism and the stock takes a hit.
Initially, yes. But give some time and watch what happens.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Initially, yes. But give some time and watch what happens.
As far as I'm concerned, this was a recruiting event, not an investor day.

This is promotional material. Wall Street will try to make sense of it, but it's not really for them, it's advertising to attract talent.

Tesla has insanely complex projects. Musk announces timelines for products which are way too complicated to make estimates for. It's almost guaranteed dates will be missed.

Wall Street likes predicability and stability. Of course they have a bad relationship with Tesla.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As far as I'm concerned, this was a recruiting event, not an investor day.

This is promotional material. Wall Street will try to make sense of it, but it's not really for them, it's advertising to attract talent.
True. But the investment community is always interested in developments of a company.

Tesla has insanely complex projects. Musk announces timelines for products which are way too complicated to make estimates for. It's almost guaranteed dates will be missed.
For sure. Especially given Elon's reputation. ?

Wall Street likes predicability and stability.
Yep.

Of course they have a bad relationship with Tesla.
Bumpy but not bad.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
"Wall street" is brokers, not investors.

Hence, Wall Street doesn't have to understand Tesla for it to become so valued. Tesla only needs enough investors to buy into the idea.

And I did not expect this one-more-thing tease they brought out. I had to tune out to make dinner.

But I totally expected them to explain their image labeling pipeline and the reconstructed world. Spouse wanted them to be doing graph analysis of three dimensional object volume to project object persistence to deal with occlusion in predicted frames.

And that they can ask (and demonstrated) they can ask the fleet to generate data matching tagged patterns and then showed like the most massive whambaamteslacam of them all...

So awesome. And it shows why their vision will be superior. They aren't just doing single frame analysis Like @ajdelange was projecting.. they're doing multifrequency 4d labeling like I said.

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wrong. Brokers are also investors.

Hence, Wall Street doesn't have to understand Tesla for it to become so valued.
Wall Street understands performance.

Tesla only needs enough investors to buy into the idea.
They need investors. "enough investors" will make it more valuable.

whambaamteslacam
LOL. A new word for Merriam-Webster

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wrong. Brokers are also investors.
No, not wrong. Investors are not 'Wall Street'. A subset of investors are Wall Street, but Wall Street does not comprise most investors. It does, however, comprise most brokers.

You're making a category error. A includes B but B is not A.

-Crissa

PS, Google knows the words I am using.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, not wrong. Investors are not 'Wall Street'. A subset of investors are Wall Street, but Wall Street does not comprise most investors. It does, however, comprise most brokers.
Investment Banks are part of "Wall Street". Do you know what Investment Banks are?

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are making a category error.
Only by your definition.

Wall Street represents the stock market. Without investors there is no stock market. TSLA is a stock that is part of the stock market.

Simple really.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think most of the time, institutional investors count as Wall Street as well. Plus a lot of the time sell side analysts covering companies make recommendations which investors listen to.

Wall Street doesn't have to understand Tesla for it to become so valued. Tesla only needs enough investors to buy into the idea.
Nope. But what institutional investors do and sell side analysts say often has a short to mid term impact on price. This is why short sellers are successful so often.

Hunter71294

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
Wall Street has plenty of investors and brokers. Also investment banks are certainly investors. They invest money for people, companies, government, etc. Also mergers and acquisitions and much more. If you look at the math in the eyes of a regular investor Tesla is over valued, no doubt. But everyone knows they are going to grow exponentially. They are unlike any other company in my opinion. I think it could become the largest company in the world. Energy(Solar and megapacks), Transportation, and now Labor(Bots). Those are huge sectors.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The market seems to have seen AI day largely as a non-event.

Which is surprisingly not-stupid. Maybe the analysts are learning a bit of caution.
Sponsored