Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt Gen1, 2018 Expedition, Cybertruck pending
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
Yeah, that's not going to last long if the Lightning is priced right. On top of that you have the Tundra bringing their electric. The Cybertruck will end up being a niche vehicle. Also, I think Elon has compromised the safety of people in this truck
I think your right to the extent that the Lightning has potential to increase in popularity from where it stands today. But Ford will have much less margin and has and will spend enormous amounts on advertising. So I’m sure they will sell as many as they can make but their volume will not surpass the Cybertruck IMHO.
Sponsored

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Model S
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not sure what you think the right price would be. If the price reflects better functionality with a higher price than the ICE version it will limit how many will be wanting to buy. If the price is comparable to ICE version lots of people will want one but the cost will still be way above CT. If the price is comparable to the CT it will be wildly popular but cannibalize the ICE version sales. The only way I see this getting priced right is if they have enough batteries to build more of these than the current ICE version, set the price below ICE but above CT, and sell all of them to people who don’t get the beauty of the CT and it’s functionality.

But hey, the reveal is tonight so let’s watch and see what they do.
The Cybertruck 3-motor version is still a better buy for the money except for the 3-day house power feature of the F-150. I think Tesla better match that somehow. Here is hoping.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The popularity of a pickup truck depends on whether the truck can be outfitted with the third party accessories, such as a rack for the construction industry. This is why the Honda Civic is so popular among the young cohort to add sports rims and other trimmings, in and out.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m sticking with Tesla because they are a electric vehicle maker from the bottom up, and not just a electric vehicle that is converted from a ICE vehicle.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If F150 has same range at same price, I probably buy F150 if they have model with 500+ miles because I can use as my house backup generator. Tesla was vague on that.
Just buy a generator and save the truck to pick up the beer at the store.
Sponsored