Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Here is a different render that shows a street legal version.

Production Street Legal Tesla Cybertruck.png
Yuck. This is ugly as hell. looks like a Volkswagen wanna be small car diesel.

Ditch the stainless and I will cancel my reservation. I like all the defined edges. Tires are lame as well the nes on the prototype look legal to me.
Absolutely. As I never wash a car anyway. A glossy paint is useless in that case. A car built for 3 million km? Paint can not endure that amount of use. So no paint is a smart thing.

All stainless steel haters can put a foil over the metal sheets. It will be super easy to apply.
Sponsored

Shaker.Est.84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual-Motor AWD, 1981 Datsun 720, 1995 Nissan 240SX, 1951 Willys CJ3A, 2005 Honda Civic, 2013 Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Canadian Armed Forces - Retired
Country flag
Yeah that is not a Cybertruck, Why are there curves, ugh.... I prefer the prototype over any renders I've seen

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
NO WAY! It looks wimpy and it would cost more. I will cancel if this is the end product. Nothing beats stainless steel.

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
I don't see this re-design as being a deal-breaker, but Elon Musk is ultimately going to be the one to decide on any changes. Tesla is a US company and should not have to cave in to pressure from a small European market segment. Either the Cybertruck will be made available in its current form in North American markets only, or will also be produced at regional European factories in a compromised form (at a much higher price) for those additional markets.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We travelled a lot in Europe… Like CT or Suburban of F350... those trucks are not for Europe… because their roads were made with wagon and horse… They must stay with model 3...!!!

Johnnyjr1000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Cadillac CTS v black diamond coupe 2019 ATS. V coupe in wave metallic
Occupation
Mathematician , scientist , engineer
Country flag
Please Elon : if u can .. leave it alone !!

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
100% agree, leave it as close to the original as possible with the min required to make it legal. HX30 and no paint is a selling point to me...the original looks are way better IMHO as well.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think the biggest production change would be to ditch the very expensive stainless steel and go to high strength steel and paint.
And that would be a deal breaker for me. I live close to the ocean and literally everything here rusts. It was SS that got me to look at the truck as a serious contender for my next car. The range was the first thing, SS the second, and a bunch of things after that were tied for third.

Fenestrator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda CRV EX-L
Occupation
Millwork Sales
Country flag
Don't like it either. Looks like it was designed by a commitee rather than the work of one artisan. Here's a roof design that works if the peaked roof has to go. If the windshield has to curve, make it so slight that at a casual glance it still looks flat. Love the agressive treads too and I don't know of any reason a street vehicle can't have them. Every Jeep Wrangler I see has giant mudders on it, LOL.
cybertruck-5.jpg
Looks a lot like a Lambo Countach!

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I like this thread, and I don't believe they will change the design, it's not like they designed it the month before. The design would have included the regulations for selling in this country, and the countries they are marketing too. For instance, having no side mirrors may be an issue now, but they are most likely working on getting those antiquated rules updated. As far as for Europe, I haven't heard of any reasonable reason that it can't be sold there, if not , it wasn't going to be a big market anyway. A smaller truck would do better in Europe, and that would most likely be another two years away after the cybertruck is released. I do believe that many foreign countries, like China would love this truck.

As far as painting over Stainless steel, I'm cool with that, who needs the cybertruck to be the same everywhere. Those who want paint, can pay the extra 3 or 4 K for that option. I think wrapping would be the better, and more affordable option, that is if you get tired of the stainless. Looking at all the renditions that are on this sight and others, I think the majority of them look really awesome.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
CT must stay with SS , also must get RFT (run flat tire)) and must get LR (800 miles) with 2 motors (AWD)…!!!

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 dual motor, and hoping for a tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
I'd buy this version if it met the same specs for range, towing, and cost, but I'd be disappointed. I prefer the prototype and I don't believe Tesla should compromise the vehicle for Europe. The CT competes with the F150, and Europe is not a target market for a CT size vehicle. The initial focus should be US, Canada, Australia, and military. Maybe even a niche in China. And then Middle East and Latin America as the charging network grows. If ever a small truck is developed then Europe could be a consideration.

joshuaeshore

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Expedition
Occupation
Polysomnographer
Country flag
This is terrible. I love the brutalist / cyberpunk design. I would cancel my order if Cybertruck ends up looking like this.

I would love the current design in matte black.
me too!
Sponsored