Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck

by Eva Fox March 05, 2021

Cybertruck Supercharger stations Tesla

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 6_7e3b69a9-62d6-4b2c-a8d2-0fdb108dddfc_1600x

Photo: Tesmanian

Tesla has received commission approval to install the largest V3 Supercharger station in the world in Santa Monica, California. Some of the spaces seem to be dedicated for charging Cybertruck, which is the second known case of this when planning the company's new charging stations.

Tesla plans to launch the world's largest Supercharger V3 station in Santa Monica, California. Documents filed with the Santa Monica Planning Commission indicate that the station will include 62 V3 stalls. The new V3 station is planned at 1401 and 1421 Santa Monica Boulevard.

On March 4, the Santa Monica Planning Commission approved a fast-charging station, which was supported by a majority, although two commissioners voiced some concerns about this. These include possible fan noise from the station, possible loud music from Tesla cars that will charge there, the likelihood that Supercharger could attract homeless people to the site, and a statement that this station is a project for the rich, which is not true and unlikely can be attributed to a valid reason for refusing to approve the application.

According to the documents, the Supercharger station will consist of two separated sections. The western section will include 36 Supercharger V3 stalls and the eastern section, 26 stalls. In addition, solar panels on the western section, batteries, and a restroom that is accessed by a code are planned for the project.

1401 Santa Monica Boulevard
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 3_6e53c5fa-1eed-41bd-8b65-0cf4353e6ea8_1024x1024

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 1_ce3809ed-ac7a-4ac8-bb10-7d439de00458_1024x1024

Source: the Santa Monica Planning Commission

1421 Santa Monica Boulevard
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 4_def13369-22aa-44b5-87d5-63dc47d61271_1024x1024

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 2_f37a80ea-7b10-4185-872a-2a366a95ada9_1024x1024

Source: the Santa Monica Planning Commission

Most of the spaces are standard widths of nine feet, however, noteworthy is the fact that some of them reach 10'-12'. This may indicate that they can serve as parking spaces for Cybertruck.

In September 2020, a proposal from the Pasadena Water and Power Department in California showed Tesla is planning the installation of 20 charging stations in the city-owned broadway power plant parking lot located at the Southwest corner of South Arroyo PKWY and Glenarm Street in Pasadena, California. A presentation with Pasadena officials revealed that the six spaces will be wider and longer and confirmed that the new charging station will indeed include six locations for Cybertruck. It seems that Tesla is taking active measures in order to make Cybertruck charging as comfortable as possible for its owners.
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 6_7c8ed5ff-e838-4a3b-9775-2fcdc9999def_600x600

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 7da52bffe06e1f645c08299841a4a343?s=160&r=G

EVA FOX
I'm a big fan of Tesla, as I worry about the future for my child and for future generations. Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy and I'm passionately striving for this goal. I’m tired of the daily deception from Tesla’s haters against the company, so I strive to spread true information and the latest news about Tesla.

SOURCE: TESMANAIN

Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Odd that all superchargers, especially since V3, are built in the middle of nowhere between two towns in some direction in Norway (might be gas station or roadside cafe there), as if to say charge at Home and use a Supercharger when on a trip, while quite a lot of the ones I hear talk about in the US these days are on a lot in the middle of a city. Any idea why? Different road structure or longer US trip culture? Less chance of people using them as daily chargers? Totally wrong impression from me?

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Gains Commission Approval to Install Largest 62-Stall V3 Supercharger Station, Including Spaces for Cybertruck 1614981302583

70 destinations and 1000 superchargers as per today though.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, every stop 'between cities' is in another city.

This one is 15 blocks from the most popular beach in California, near the end of I-10, five miles from the intersection of the 405 and the 10 freeways, and just a couple blocks off of CA 1. Santa Monica is at the north end of the LA basin along the seaside. Aside from a couple hills, the urbanized beach stretches for almost eighty miles to the south.

Not sure why they chose a major street for it, but it is easier to get the permits to build one supercharger than it is to get destination chargers placed in all the parking stalls. Alas.

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Well, every stop 'between cities' is in another city.

This one is 15 blocks from the most popular beach in California, near the end of I-10, five miles from the intersection of the 405 and the 10 freeways, and just a couple blocks off of CA 1. Santa Monica is at the north end of the LA basin along the seaside. Aside from a couple hills, the urbanized beach stretches for almost eighty miles to the south.

Not sure why they chose a major street for it, but it is easier to get the permits to build one supercharger than it is to get destination chargers placed in all the parking stalls. Alas.

-Crissa
That sounds like a top destination more than anything. ? But point taken in that a city might also be the charging point between to other cities depending on geography and range. Just wondered how common very urban superchargers were vs superchargers out on the plains, in transit-valleys, or at one-shop-places inbetween, like is common here. But I can say it sure is more to do at your superchargers like that? That could come in handy when charging an approx 250kWh CT battery.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I would normally avoid Santa Monica if I were going to my Aunt and Uncle's, but with a charger like that, I might suffer the traffic.

-Crissa
Sponsored