Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla has already accumulated over 1 million Cybertruck reservations, according to the latest tally.

The electric pickup truck still has strong momentum.

When Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck back in November 2019, the automaker started taking reservations with $100 refundable deposits.

It was the company’s lowest deposit amount, and therefore, it is a smaller commitment than with Tesla’s other vehicles, but it helped achieved more impressive numbers.

CEO Elon Musk announced that Tesla received over 250,000 reservations for the Cybertruck within a week of unveiling the vehicle.

Generally, Tesla receives a lot of reservations early after an unveiling, and then it tapers off — but that wasn’t the case with the Cybertruck.

Even throughout the pandemic, sources told us that some Tesla stores were getting hundreds of Cybertruck reservations per week, and Cybertruck pre-orders even helped boost sales.

The number was last updated in June 2020, and at that point, the number had risen to over 650,000 Cybertruck reservations.

Now, a crowdsourced Cybertruck reservation tally put reservations to over 1 million:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla has over 1 million Cybertruck reservations in latest tally Tesla-Cybertruck-reservation-tally

The tally also keeps track of the different trims, and the mix has stayed consistent with 48% for the Dual Motor, 44.5% for the Tri Motor, and only 7.5% of reservation holders are ordering the base single-motor version.

Tesla Cybertruck starts at $39,900, and it goes up to $69,900 for the tri-motor version:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla has over 1 million Cybertruck reservations in latest tally Tsla-Cybertruck-specs

Tesla is trying to bring the Cybertruck to production by the end of the year, and Musk stated that the automaker would try to bring the two higher-end versions to market first.

Those two electric trucks will have between 300 and 500 miles of range and be equipped with dual- and tri-motor powertrains.

However, Musk also warned that delays are possible as Tesla is still working on building Gigafactory Texas, where the Cybertruck is going to be produced, and the company would face challenges since the electric pickup truck is designed with an exoskeleton.

It could push the first deliveries to 2022, when the Cybertruck is going to have more competition in the electric pickup truck segment.

Ford unveiled the F-150 Lightning just last week, and it has similar base price and range. The company has confirmed having received over 44,000 reservations for the F-150 Electric within the first 48 hours.

SOURCE: ELECTREK
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
i thought we figured out that the numbering system isnt JUST for CT reservations.

but who knows, maybe 1M reservations isnt too far off. really no reason not if your even vaguely thinking about getting it.

Eddie_Catflap

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester SJ 2.5i
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
placed up to 300 refundable deposits to ensure they get one truck
Couldn't it be argued that buyers placing 300 orders early in delivery schedule are scalpers? Turn and burn the excess to highest bidders at extraordinary cost who don't want to wait and have the cash?

First money takes it, as sellers say.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I figured scalping 300 CTs will give me way better returns on my $30,000 than the bank will give me over 3 years! :geek::geek::geek:
Sponsored