Tesla now will start accepting Bitcoins

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB 300SD, MB 240D, Silverado 2003, cybertruck tri-motor on queue, elio on queue.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
https://www.theday.com/business/20210214/you-can-now-buy-tesla-with-bitcoins

This is great news, it creates a win win situation for both Tesla and its customers, this will greatly help its customers and Tesla financially, it is a great move by Tesla.

Tesla is the first car company to officially accept Bitcoin, this will put them far ahead of the competition farther then they are already, the others will eventually follow not to stay too far behind.

No need to deal with banks anyone, this is fantastic.
It will not only help with Tesla sales, it will help with the Tesla stock also, and in the long run as Tesla now will have more money production will grow at a fast pace over time.

Hopefully I will get my tri motor cybertruck early in 2022., I have been dreaming with a Tesla for over 10 years ago, but 10 years ago it was out of my budget.
Sponsored

OP
OP

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB 300SD, MB 240D, Silverado 2003, cybertruck tri-motor on queue, elio on queue.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You're still dealing with banks.

-Crissa
Not really, I do not se how. Bitcoin is p2p there is no bank involved in the transaction, just the buyer and the seller, no middle man involved.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Not really, I do not se how. Bitcoin is p2p there is no bank involved in the transaction, just the buyer and the seller, no middle man involved.
I like about 90% of what Elon does and says. That said, this bitcoin thing was a bad idea. It goes against his whole climate change philosophy and why would you want a monetary system that you could not prop up with stimulus? Controlled inflation is good for the economy. Without the fed we would still be in an economic tailspin from 2007.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Yeah, I won't likely be paying with BTC. A good way for your vehicle to lose way more value over time. Think about the way BTC has been heading. If you pay, 1.5 BTC for your CT... then, BTC goes up $50k more per.... you gave up the right to $75k more in BTC to pay off your CT. In effect, you've chosen to pay endlessly for your CT. Me, I'll pay cash... it's constantly losing value. Win for me. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Me, I'll pay cash... it's constantly losing value. Win for me. peace
That's not how that works.

If you have cash, you could have bought bitcoin or any investment and held it instead of buying a Cybertruck. You don't automatically earn more just because you spent one asset over another.

-Crissa

OP
OP

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I won't likely be paying with BTC. A good way for your vehicle to lose way more value over time. Think about the way BTC has been heading. If you pay, 1.5 BTC for your CT... then, BTC goes up $50k more per.... you gave up the right to $75k more in BTC to pay off your CT. In effect, you've chosen to pay endlessly for your CT. Me, I'll pay cash... it's constantly losing value. Win for me. peace
you miss the point most people do not make enough money to get a paycheck and make a full payment in dollars at once.

They will usually have 2 choices save or get a loan, if you save in dollars you will get screwed since the dollar is debased at a fast pace, therefore the only real choice for saving money is Bitcoin.

if you have both dollar and Bitcoin it makes sense to spend the dollars, but if you had to save most likely do not have any dollars and then it makes sense to spend the Bitcoins.

In regards Bitcoin going up in price sure, but the dollar value could have purchase some assets that also go up in price including Bitcoin so that is irrelevant, after all money is to be spent and a Tesla is a good cause not only that but you get a top of the line vehicle but Tesla is the best as far as EVs goes.

you can also get a dollar loan with the Bitcoin put as collateral, the Bitcoins will go up in price but you have not sold them, it is a matter of personal preference.

can not go into further detail since the post could be considered political and get deleted.

Choices are always good, I am certain that a lot of Teslas will sell for Bitcoin, and who knows down the line maybe monero, litecoin, dash, ethereum which is a great thing.

Bitcoin after hitting the million dollar value, it will be very stable and it will not go in price as fast as it does now.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
... if you save in dollars you will get screwed since the dollar is debased at a fast pace, therefore the only real choice for saving money is Bitcoin.
This is false. The currency that you deposit is irrelevant to the rate of interest gain or loss.

you can also get a dollar loan with the Bitcoin put as collateral, the Bitcoins will go up in price but ...
That is not how currencies work.

-Crissa
Sponsored