Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe
Occupation
LE
Country flag
If this is eating at you, probably the best thing you could do for your mental health is step away from it for a while. Just pretend you didn’t order one and stop following the news on it.

Whether you obsess over it or just chill and get on with your life, the truck isn’t coming any faster or slower.
First, thank you for being concerned about my “ mental health”. I assure you that I’m not obsessed, and will be completely fine driving another vehicle ( prob a new Bronco now) other than CT…. Ha..

Simply voicing an opinion that seems to be shared by many others on a forum created for just that. I do recognize your attempt at humor though…. ?‍♂
Sponsored

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I was really disappointed with yesterday's call, as almost everyone in this page. Well, today Tesla stocks have been MURDERED as a consequence of the careless words that Elon uttered yesterday. I own 535 shares... I lost the value of a Cybertruck this week! The economic results of 2021 were absolutely amazing for Tesla. If only Elon could understand what to say instead of wishful thinking out loud! Who cares about a robot that won't be real for maybe 20 more years? And its fixation with FSD is ridicolous as well. Why on Earth would I want unknown people to enter my car and go around just to earn me 20cents per mile, when I paid $70k or more to buy it?
I totally 100% get the value of the robot, being able to gap fill basic manual labor jobs short of people, dangerous jobs, general assistance needs for disabled and/or elderly folks, and just basic needs that a second hand that has huge value returns. Millions upon millions would be sold even at a very high cost assuming durability and longevity. *BUT* if Elon thinks Tesla has parts sourcing problems now, the robot would be 50x worse I would expect. Basic latest gen gaming consoles cant even be put together in these times. I agree that a more focused effort is in hand at this specific moment in time until supply chains recover to support the initiatives.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I totally 100% get the value of the robot, being able to gap fill basic manual labor jobs short of people, dangerous jobs, general assistance needs for disabled and/or elderly folks, and just basic needs that a second hand that has huge value returns. Millions upon millions would be sold even at a very high cost assuming durability and longevity. *BUT* if Elon thinks Tesla has parts sourcing problems now, the robot would be 50x worse I would expect. Basic latest gen gaming consoles cant even be put together in these times. I agree that a more focused effort is in hand at this specific moment in time until supply chains recover to support the initiatives.
Going to go out on a limb here and suggest that in 5-10+ years when the robot enters production the chip/ supply issues will likely be solved.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I was really disappointed with yesterday's call, as almost everyone in this page. Well, today Tesla stocks have been MURDERED as a consequence of the careless words that Elon uttered yesterday. I own 535 shares... I lost the value of a Cybertruck this week! The economic results of 2021 were absolutely amazing for Tesla. If only Elon could understand what to say instead of wishful thinking out loud! Who cares about a robot that won't be real for maybe 20 more years? And its fixation with FSD is ridicolous as well. Why on Earth would I want unknown people to enter my car and go around just to earn me 20cents per mile, when I paid $70k or more to buy it?
100% agree. You know the biggest thing I look forward to with FSD is my car running errands for me at night. I have this crazy vision of the future that is great news for brick and mortar stores. So these stores pay rent but mostly only get 12 to 14 hours of usability. What if they could run a very skeleton night staff or even a robotic staff that could get your orders and put them in your car all while you are at home sleeping. You wake up and bam! You’re car is full of your orders and no errands to run. Or your car goes through the car wash. Or your car takes that wallet back to your friend that they left at your house. The list goes on but I agree. Having my car make a little cash on the side isn’t the priority for me.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
100% agree. You know the biggest thing I look forward to with FSD is my car running errands for me at night. I have this crazy vision of the future that is great news for brick and mortar stores. So these stores pay rent but mostly only get 12 to 14 hours of usability. What if they could run a very skeleton night staff or even a robotic staff that could get your orders and put them in your car all while you are at home sleeping. You wake up and bam! You’re car is full of your orders and no errands to run. Or your car goes through the car wash. Or your car takes that wallet back to your friend that they left at your house. The list goes on but I agree. Having my car make a little cash on the side isn’t the priority for me.
Take this a step forward.

You don’t need to own a car to get any of these benefits. You can summon a Tesla with the app.

Instead of paying $700/ month for a car, $200/ month for insurance, and 2500 to install a home charger. You pay $4/ ride or about $8-20/ day. You get access to a nice car, the car’s owner(s) gets $500 towards their car payment, and Tesla gets a small fee. You don’t mess with the car because you enjoy riding in a nice car and know that vandalizing it will get you kicked off the network.

If you own the car, your car payment gets shaved in half or more. It does suffer more wear and tear, but since ride-share pays 3/4 of your car payment you can afford to replace it much quicker or get a nicer car.

For the Cybertruck it works even better. The cargo capacity would be hugely useful for a lot of ride-share people. For me, I only need the truck about 2-3 days a week. The rest of the time I could easily let it pay for it’s payments.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sure.

But no one else can, either.

And that's fine. It'll take alot more testing to get this stuff certified and it'll seem like really slow at the end, but in hindsight it'll be like not time at all.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon Musk, announces he will do what everyone says is impossible in 3 months. He finishes 18 months after he said he would. Nobody cares that he just did what everyone said was impossible, they just complain about how he missed his time estimate.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Take this a step forward.

You don’t need to own a car to get any of these benefits. You can summon a Tesla with the app.

Instead of paying $700/ month for a car, $200/ month for insurance, and 2500 to install a home charger. You pay $4/ ride or about $8-20/ day. You get access to a nice car, the car’s owner(s) gets $500 towards their car payment, and Tesla gets a small fee. You don’t mess with the car because you enjoy riding in a nice car and know that vandalizing it will get you kicked off the network.

If you own the car, your car payment gets shaved in half or more. It does suffer more wear and tear, but since ride-share pays 3/4 of your car payment you can afford to replace it much quicker or get a nicer car.

For the Cybertruck it works even better. The cargo capacity would be hugely useful for a lot of ride-share people. For me, I only need the truck about 2-3 days a week. The rest of the time I could easily let it pay for it’s payments.
Taxis have been around forever but the American way is convenience and the world is following. We just had Uber eats cancel our dinner order 2 nights in a row and we can’t figure out why. People want to fully control their independence and not have to wait 10 min for a ride. I definitely see how there is a lot of potential for shared robo taxis and delivery services.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Taxis have been around forever but the American way is convenience and the world is following. We just had Uber eats cancel our dinner order 2 nights in a row and we can’t figure out why. People want to fully control their independence and not have to wait 10 min for a ride. I definitely see how there is a lot of potential for shared robo taxis and delivery services.
Robots won't have the labor problem of taxis.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There are maybe 30 taxis in our town. Maybe. It takes 10-15 minutes to summon one. Taking one to the Portland Airport might cost me $200 or more.

The economics of a robotaxi service would be quite different from a taxi service. They would arrive faster and have fewer limitations.