Tesla Semi Driving on The San Francisco Bridge

abebarker

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I sure hope that Tesla is using the dual motor power split drive train. If they aren't then they are missing a huge opportunity to be the absolute best in electric vehicle heavy duty hauling/ towing. The dual motor power split drive train is absolutely the best in performance for low end torque, overall performance and efficiency.

In case you are not familiar with the dual motor power split drive train, here is an introduction; Planetary gear system
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I've never noticed before how much the Tesla semi borrows from the Model 3/ Model Y design language on the lower part of the front.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I sure hope that Tesla is using the dual motor power split drive train. If they aren't then they are missing a huge opportunity to be the absolute best in electric vehicle heavy duty hauling/ towing. The dual motor power split drive train is absolutely the best in performance for low end torque, overall performance and efficiency.

In case you are not familiar with the dual motor power split drive train, here is an introduction; Planetary gear system
This bridge and its story is amazing: Golden Gate Bridge | History, Construction, & Facts | Britannica
The Engineering That Built the World: Season 1, Episode 7 - Rotten Tomatoes

More news about the Semi here: The Frightening Economics Of Tesla's SECRET WEAPON(hidden trillions) - YouTube Extract: Tesla sleeping giant is the Tesla semi which is set to generate trillions for the company. The economics of Tesla semi is insane. Again, the 4680 battery will be key. So this could be good news for the Cybertruck.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
If they aren't then they are missing a huge opportunity to be the absolute best in electric vehicle heavy duty hauling/ towing.
Pretty sure Tesla will be the absolute best in electric vehicle heavy duty hauling / towing. Hard Stop.

If the split drivetrain is the best option based on all variables, I'm sure they will use it. If they don't use it they found a better option based on all variables.
Sponsored