Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Infrequent charging is worse for the grid because it's inconsistent.

That's why Vehicle 2 Grid technology is important - it can make car charging grid aware so the vehicle charges when it's best for the grid. The vast majority of the time vehicles are sitting still in their parking places, so they could wait for the best hour, road trips aside.

-Crissa
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla's 700 Mile Battery Is Coming Sooner Than You Think

New video from Casgains Academy

Just completed 2400 mi. trip. The Hereford TX->Baton Rouge LA segment would’ve killed Tesla 700 mile battery dead probably before getting out of TX.

Loaded 450# cargo, 2 passengers and 1 Tropical Storm named “ Beta”. Range Anxiety would’ve been a real factor on approach to Baton Rouge at top end of battery range in a ” do not travel” weather advisory. Motels were packed along route. It took until Baton Rouge before finding vacancy for the night.

BIG doubts 4x4 tri-motor can kill range anxiety AND deliver range promised. Far more likely that Tesla‘s range champion will emerge as a Single motor HUGE battery capacity Cybertruck. This trip seriously affected re-consideration of changing from AWD to 2 wheel drive single motor Cybertruck. A pre-runner form factor over 4x4 truck looks to have the killer range anxiety win-win formula.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Well, except the vast majority of emissions support a small fraction of the world's population.

So it's not the population, but the emissions.

-Crissa
Hmmm, I left this discussion before Battery day because, we’ll, it seemed like it was all open dreaming. How the discussion went sideways to global warming is not something I plan to go back in the thread to find, but this comment strikes me as odd because I think that this small percentage you are talking about is producing the most food and we get back to the human problem. It may not be overpopulation, but I think it is, but it is definitely humanity driven. It doesn’t matter because people are more concerned about themselves and their accumulation of wealth than the planet so nothing will change probably until such nastiness happens that the population is corrected by nature. Lucky/unlucky for us nature doesn’t play favorites.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
because I think that this small percentage you are talking about is producing the most food ...
We have fewer workers producing food, but we don't produce more food than the population will eat.

As fewer people are required to make food to survive, as people have more access to modern family planning and education, they don't need so many children and just... don't have more. I know it seems hard to imagine, but population growth is more an inverse function of prosperity.

There's no population problem.

-Crissa
Sponsored