Tonyk2034

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
There are some level three chargers being installed across this island over the coming months, all along the TCH and the northern peninsula
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
what do you do when the gas pump is being used? you wait.
No. 22*26 is 572. You're above by about a hundred miles and without a load. Yeah, you can put bigger tanks on it, but that costa money.

What if there's a line at the gas station?

What? Because you're lazy, all cars and trucks should never need to recharge when driving end to end the longest states?

This is a dumb, lazy argument filled with what ifs. I'm a skinny white girl who liked to fill her car in LA's south 'cause it was cheap. If I can do it, big truck guy can plug in, buy some twinkies, and use the toilet while they take on some juice.

And not whine when cars and trucks fit uses rather than just dreams. Let others have them. Few need to have that range. It should be available, but the opposite should, too.
-Crissa
what do you do when the gas pump is being used? you wait.
@jerhenderson with an ICE car I can guess how many gallons the cars in front of me need to fill their tanks and how long it will take and then decide whether I want to wait. It also depends on other conditions, like how low I am, how far the next station is, etc. I don’t always wait. With an EV the wait just for the car directly in front of me will probably be 10x longer than most any ICE car so I am definitely going to think about it more strategically. I love it that the Tesla app tells me where there are available chargers and what the wait looks like. The solution to that problem is faster charging and higher-capacity chargers (and inverters). More range gives the driver more options.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s funny when I read this thread. Not a single post seems wrong. Every post is right in some aspect and I can identify myself in that situation.
700 miles is more than 12 hours of driving. I’d never drive that far without taking several breaks in between.
But I also would like a longer range (may be > 1000 miles if available) which gives me freedom to do a lot of things and decide where / when I want to charge. ... I see people talk about towing all the time, but rarely see anyone actually towing,...... wanting to drive big boxes which I never really need,........and so on.....isn't it crazy. :D.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
We bought a 2019 Jeep Rubicon instead of a Tesla Model 3 last July. I did a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) breakdown (I have worked in the Mechanical Engineering field for a few decades) and the Tesla would be cheaper over 6 years. The issue is the Model 3 can't go a large number of areas the Jeep can go. You can't take the top and doors off and it simply doesn't have the fun factor in comparison. We bought the Jeep in Idaho and saved $8,000 compared to our local dealers (and I used the $8,000 lower price point for the TCO). We drove through very remote areas of Nevada and Oregon that I couldn't have made in a Tesla due to the limit of around 260 miles of real-world range.
I had researched last fall several trucks and was planning to buy a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon this summer... Then the CyberTruck was announced.

Now I am considering buying a Zero Motorcycle and waiting to get my CyberTruck...

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@jerhenderson with an ICE car I can guess how many gallons the cars in front of me need to fill their tanks and how long it will take and then decide whether I want to wait. It also depends on other conditions, like how low I am, how far the next station is, etc. I don’t always wait. With an EV the wait just for the car directly in front of me will probably be 10x longer than most any ICE car so I am definitely going to think about it more strategically. I love it that the Tesla app tells me where there are available chargers and what the wait looks like. The solution to that problem is faster charging and higher-capacity chargers (and inverters). More range gives the driver more options.
How about when you see them finish pumping, you are all ready to take their spot at the pump, only for them to go in and spend another 15 minutes inside, trying to decide what to get, use the bathroom, do some scratch-offs...
So you give up, switch to another line, only for that person to repeat the first person's activities...
And at an exit on the highway with only one gas station just past 6 on a Sunday night... nothing else is open...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Now I am considering buying a Zero Motorcycle and waiting to get my CyberTruck...
Do iiiiit ^-^

Tho... Check on Plugshare whether CCS DC charging or J-1772 AC is more common where you go. If you're an expert street/sport rider, an Energica may fit you better. They have CCS DC charging, but they do J-plugs at half the speed of a Zero's Charge Tank. Energica are heavy, requiring a very experienced rider, and don't do rough terrain at all, but are the best e-motorcycles out there now.

And at an exit on the highway with only one gas station just past 6 on a Sunday night... nothing else is open...
Yeah! I have been the last person to fill up before they turn off the pumps in sooo many places, my maps have marked 'cheapest' and 'open late' marked on them for when I'm out of range of Gas Buddy.

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I was a 12-13 yrs old had a neighbor friend and we would ride our bicycles to the local 7-11 and check out all the off-road motorcycle mags. We were enthralled with trials motorcycles and their riding skills. We dreamed of getting a Bultaco trials motorcycle.

I never got one and lost track of trials motorcycles/racing.

About 3 yrs ago I came across an electric trials motorcycle made by a company in France - ELECTRIC MOTION and became re-enthralled all over again!
I'm probably a little old for trials motorcycles but I had considered getting one. It still sounded fun!
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla's 700 Mile Battery Is Coming Sooner Than You Think poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u5

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla's 700 Mile Battery Is Coming Sooner Than You Think 39a74921dd3c66511e0ee37ff7202a22

EM Epure
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla's 700 Mile Battery Is Coming Sooner Than You Think electric-motion-epure-header

Last edited:

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
I am really looking forward to battery day. I want to know what they will reveal and how much improvement they have made with battery technology.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Do iiiiit ^-^

Tho... Check on Plugshare whether CCS DC charging or J-1772 AC is more common where you go. If you're an expert street/sport rider, an Energica may fit you better. They have CCS DC charging, but they do J-plugs at half the speed of a Zero's Charge Tank. Energica are heavy, requiring a very experienced rider, and don't do rough terrain at all, but are the best e-motorcycles out there now.

-Crissa
I do not want a sports bike, I do not want sport bike ergonomics. I have ridden my friends Super Tenere and the ergonomics are good for me... but I want an electric motorcycle. Need to test ride the DSR and DSR Black Forest, but assuming it is not as cramped as the FX felt that I test rode 4 or 5 years ago... I have submitted my spreadsheet of motorcycles to the family accountant (my wife) and why I want the Zero. She drives the Leaf most often... So, the lack of $100+ service appointments, fuel, and such she is completely behind... the price tag is a bit to swallow, but when I showed her the prices for the BMW GS bikes (even the F850GS Adventure) which did not even include the price of luggage (panniers), she seem less shocked by them. I showed her how big some of the other bikes that were less expensive... Suzuki V-Strom 1000XT and the Yamaha Super Tenere are close in price and if I had to get a gas bike, those are the top next two contenders...
Or it is into the least expensive pile, then I am looking at something similar to what I have.

I have seen people layup carbon fiber... it is not as expensive or uncommon as it used to be, and a motorcycle frame either with carbon fiber stiffeners or the frame is mostly carbonfiber with inset metal fittings, should make for a lighter frame... then make the frame larger, say Road King or large Adventure bike (1000cc+) and a 20kWh battery pack... would that work out to more range? And would it be too expensive so as to make it very unaffordable?

I expected companies to switch to carbon fiber pressed pieces, as it seemed light weight, easy to manufacture in a press, and is available in quantity now.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
how many trucks pull RVs all the time? Not many.

On a daily basis, few. If someone IS hauling, you need it. And frankly what I want or need is my business.

If you want a 100 mile Cybertruck or Nio, God bless you and live long and prosper. Your opinion of what I NEED or WANT is of zero concern.

Nobody NEEDS a Cybertruck, especially not a $70,000 Cybertruck. I don't. No way. But God I WANT that Trimotor bad boy and as many kilowatt-hour as it can get. I could buy a gas guzzler for a lot less. Just as Carissa's neighbors with their 'barely legal, barely working, one step away from the junkyard' POS mountain trucks they use when they need something to haul whatever.

WANT versus NEEDS spurs innovation. Period.

Nobody needed to go from east coast to west coast in under 60 days. They wanted to do so and made the transcontinental railroad a reality. Nobody needed to drive 70 miles an hour from NYC to LA, they wanted to and we got the interstate highway system.

Nobody needs a Roadster gen 2 that does 250 MPH....

Nobody needs air conditioning. Every husband from 1945 until today knows that their wives want air conditioning or life will be hellishly unbearable (speaking from personal experience when no a/c). ?

Need? Whatever. F... need. Want drives progress. Elon wants a badass apocalypse truck. He's getting it. God bless that crazy SOB!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I do not want a sports bike, I do not want sport bike ergonomics.
The EsseEsse9 is street/upright ergonomics. Energica are larger than Zeros, with a range of postures. But no off-road capability. The bigger guys seem to prefer them to the Zeros,

Need to test ride the DSR and DSR Black Forest, but assuming it is not as cramped as the FX felt that I test rode 4 or 5 years ago...
They're a little bigger, but no, if you found an FX cramped, you won't like them. The Black Forest is just all the features, not anything mechanical.

Darn huge people. You need to learn to use your knees before you lose them ^-^

Maintenance for a Zero easily makes the difference in cost to a gas bike but fuel less so (over say, five to ten years) You need half or less the maintenance (annuals only) and there's fewer systems to fail. Mine costs about 2¢ a mile.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
where is this 800km wide island?

800 km for me is Central BC to Vancouver... only half the way to the northern end of BC....so yes that range is good in that application.

You could just click his username and see his location like I did. It was easy. Try it.
Sponsored