g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Article said, he joined Telsa 2014. There was not Tesla China in 2014.
Still not sure what your point was?
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
That he's not 'from' Tesla China. He worked in the US first, for several years in fact.

-Crissa
He's in China, he's from China. I'm aware he didn't start when the factory started. This is stupid....

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He's in China, he's from China. I'm aware he didn't start when the factory started. This is stupid....
He's 'from' China like I'm 'from' California. I was born here, I live here now, but I was raised and schooled and did most of my working years elsewhere.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The way Musk operates, if workers can’t get on board with his approach, they’ll be shown the door.
There are smarter way to filter out people than firing them. I suspect the new guy will make sure the kitchen in CT factory is updated first. And anyone that can not handle the new menu will quit on their own.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla's China Chief - Tom Zhu, picked to run Cybertruck's Texas Gigafactory [*** NO POLITICS PLEASE ***] 1670878203057

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
There are smarter way to filter out people than firing them. I suspect the new guy will make sure the kitchen in CT factory is updated first. And anyone that can not handle the new menu will quit on their own.

1670878203057.png
It’s actually not bad with a little A-1 sauce. :)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I meant pat

Thanks! I meant "patience".
I was just goofin'. On a more serious note, I've got this thing on the my toe, and it only hurts when I pull on it...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Really interesting clip from a former Tesla board member talking about Zhu and the Cybertruck.

Cybertruck truck ramp is EUG… like really EUG. People underestimate how big this is for the industry.

Tesla isn’t playing softball. No small scale ramp with a few 10s of thousands produced. A hurricane is coming.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Really interesting clip from a former Tesla board member talking about Zhu and the Cybertruck.

Cybertruck truck ramp is EUG… like really EUG. People underestimate how big this is for the industry.

Tesla isn’t playing softball. No small scale ramp with a few 10s of thousands produced. A hurricane is coming.
yes. Tesla is bringing an RPG to a knife fight.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
that's how he's worked so far and it hasn't had that effect.
Please find a company he's acquired rather than came in at founding that has done well.

That's because hiring people who are with the plan is easier than just ordering them around - you have to work with the knowledge base you have when you come to work, not the one you wish to have. It's collaborative, and he's been better at collaborating on projects he's started than ones someone else did.

His description is wrong, though, as the job description has Zhu leading all the factories, not just moving from one to the other.

-Crissa

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Genius, Giga Shanghai kills it under Zhu's leadership even with all the red tape they have had to jump through during Covid.

Welcome to Texas Tom!
Sponsored