Teslas made like Hot Wheels in the future?

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Investor day was the aspiration.

This article intimates that such a frame has been produced and just specifics need to be sorted out for the low cost model 2

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
My first ever Electric Car a long time ago was a Hot Wheels - Sizzler. The little charger that came with it was called a "Juice Machine", and the car could do just a few launches on one charge.

As I got a little older part of me didn't want to outgrow them because they were pretty fast for their size. I often just launched them on the hard floors instead of the Hot Wheels track because it seemed too confining.

Later once when I was in school, I calculated their (Scale Speed) for acceleration across the floor going for a distance of about 8 feet in one second. Based on a car length of about 18 feet scaled down to 3 inches, the ratio works out to 1/72 scale, and the (Scale Speed) calculates to 392 mph.

So at a young age, I learned that electric cars had potential to be Very Fast :cool:.

Tesla Cybertruck Teslas made like Hot Wheels in the future? 1694728511314

Tesla Cybertruck Teslas made like Hot Wheels in the future? 1694728585021

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Well that's how anonymous sources work in reporting.

"I'm the lead person in charge of the gigapress my employee id is 3" would probably get them canned.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't see any sources describing anything that Tesla didn't already said. Nor any breakthroughs. Just, a description of 'Tesla is doing what they said they were doing it might work for the $25k car!' which is... Uhh... The same thing we knew in April?

🤷🏼‍♀️

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Investor day was the aspiration.

This article intimates that such a frame has been produced and just specifics need to be sorted out for the low cost model 2
And that they are developing the Model 2 line at Austin right now. Makes me wonder how far they have gotten.

It was a couple of months ago, looking at the earthworks across the freeway, I said to my wife that something is going on.. There seemed to be a sense of urgency getting the ground ready.
They had/have multiple groups of machines just about covering the whole area at the same time.

Compared to the space they are using now, this area as a whole, far exceeds the needs of the typical production scaling we have seen. From what I have noticed thus far, Tesla builds things on a timely basis as needed. This area is huge and is being fast tracked to practically full completion.

Yes we also have the CT, and new production lines, but this area to me, is possibly getting ready for the Model '2' as well. And maybe sooner than we think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Protondecay123

Protondecay123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Country flag
And that they are developing the Model 2 line at Austin right now. Makes me wonder how far they have gotten.

It was a couple of months ago, looking at the earthworks across the freeway, I said to my wife that something is going on.. There seemed to be a sense of urgency getting the ground ready.
They had/have multiple groups of machines just about covering the whole area at the same time.

Compared to the space they are using now, this area as a whole, far exceeds the needs of the typical production scaling we have seen. From what I have noticed thus far, Tesla builds things on a timely basis as needed. This area is huge and is being fast tracked to practically full completion.

Yes we also have the CT, and new production lines, but this area to me, is possibly getting ready for the Model '2' as well. And maybe sooner than we think.
I’m wondering how much “ scale of production “ would honestly be gained by this? I think it would decrease production costs significantly. Which would make Teslas more available to the public in general.

almostakeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 silverado
Country flag
It seems like the Austin plant will be the "womb" of all future Tesla's to be designed, initially built and then they will build a new factory to do the mass production. All the big brains are living in Austin, raising families, etc. Makes sense that they have 1 production line that can be totally revamped and fine tuned for future factories.
Sponsored