Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
It was not pleasant listening to all your bellyaching about how Tesla had forgotten about you and how unfair they were being.

Now we learn that you knew the $20K Foundation Series Premium was not in your budget and all you wanted to do was cast a big ugly shadow while you constantly complained about what should have been a happy Cybertruck release. You should have put on the big boy pants like @Crissa (and many others) did.

It's too late to ask about tips for being graceful, you've already blown that. Just ignore the invite to configure a Foundation Series and accept when they offer you a standard non-Foundation model for $20K less. Common sense really.
In every one of my complaints I mentioned that I would not be able to afford the Foundation series. Are you confusing me with someone else?

oh wow, you cut me
i guess its a good thing im not in CA or TX
I couldnt afford that.
Yea, my day one order dream was to scrape by to get a tri motor. But even with a 30k pay difference since then I can't imagine paying 100k+ for a single vehicle. That's 25% of what I paid for my house! Lol

I guess the American dream is much better to some lol.
Dang Tesla..... I may not be able to afford it but if you keep inviting people later than my res before hurting my feelings and inviting me I'm gonna have my feelings hurt
In this ^^ one I was literally joking and saying that I would both have my feelings hurt if i was invited or not invited. Because I couldnt afford it.

Just looking through the first couple pages. I don't see the hate you're referring to.

If you were expecting everyone here to agree with you, you came to the wrong place though lol..

But yea I'm in CO and have been skipped too. They probably know I couldn't afford foundation.

Still would like to be invited though lol
Maybe it's possible you are mad about something else? I really don't know lol. Did you think I was the OP I responded to in my last quote? He was really salty

If my poorness offends you feel free to mute/block like a big boy. Common sense really
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grumpman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor Cybertruck RN112755208
Country flag
My # is RN112755XXX, in Tx, and got the invite on the 19th. There is no way I can afford this but also no way I can turn it down. Trying to get a loan but all the bank officers are off till the new year. May have to sell $TSLA, but REALLY don't want to cuz I think it'll shoot up this year. I'm 95% sure they are gonna announce the $25K at one of the quarterly meetings this year. then it'll go to the moon. Anyone wanna loan me a quick $120K :sneaky::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Eliot Minaise

First Name
Eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I just checked my email... and I have the invite for foundation.

I guess I can stop being salty about getting skipped and start being sad that I'm poor lol

RN11279XXXX, 2 Previous Teslas, Tesla Solar, in CO

Where my fellow poors at? Anyone get any updates on how to gracefully decline but hold your spot? lol
1703878971657.png

me rn

Did the configurator always have the foundation emblems in the pics?
1703879496735.png

They sneakily changed this too. @JBee (I think it was you)
1703884208178.png
Right here with you! I'm 116xxxxx
But can't even imagine paying 120k for a truck!!

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I'm sitting on my invite while I get quotes for financing, insurance, and electrical installation.

So far, Farmers quoted me $850 for 6 months on the CB. I applied for a loan from my CU. No luck from electrical installers, since none want to deal with the Powershare, so I'll probably need to inquire at shops that are certified for Tesla Solar.
Gus, you haven't started the ordering process yet? If not, are you afraid your invite will "expire" or disappear like others?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Update us on how long before the order page disappears.
I got my Foundation Series invite on Dec. 19th and the configurator is still active for me.

I'm not pulling the trigger until the tax credit is available.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I just checked my email... and I have the invite for foundation.

I guess I can stop being salty about getting skipped and start being sad that I'm poor lol

RN11279XXXX, 2 Previous Teslas, Tesla Solar, in CO

Where my fellow poors at? Anyone get any updates on how to gracefully decline but hold your spot? lol
1703878971657.png

me rn

Did the configurator always have the foundation emblems in the pics?
1703879496735.png

They sneakily changed this too. @JBee (I think it was you)
1703884208178.png
A once in a lifetime opportunity should not be thrown away.
What about a partnership? Your dad, brother, 2 or 3 friends, colleagues, wealthy folks you have metā€¦surely there is a creative solution that could meet your budget AND let you drive the coolest truck on the road one weeekend a month (or some such arrangement).
After the year holding Period, you sell it, buy it, or continue the arrangement.
Your reservation position has value. Donā€™t flush that value.
Think outside the box.
Are you kidding? If you have lots of cash go ahead and get it. But for the average person the truck is way too much. Sell it after a year? After a year the non-Foundation trucks will be out for 100 to 80k (72.5k with the tax credit) and you will lose lots of money just like the MS and MX owners who bought theirs when it cost over 100k.
But Gurule92, and myself, will be smiling when we get our trucks for 67.5k (7,500 federal tax break and 5k from Colorado).

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Are you kidding? If you have lots of cash go ahead and get it. But for the average person the truck is way too much. Sell it after a year? After a year the non-Foundation trucks will be out for 100 to 80k (72.5k with the tax credit) and you will lose lots of money just like the MS and MX owners who bought theirs when it cost over 100k.
But Gurule92, and myself, will be smiling when we get our trucks for 67.5k (7,500 federal tax break and 5k from Colorado).
Gurule92, maybe we should find the guy in Colorado Springs who is getting his truck in March and go put lots of fingerprints on it! šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜œ. or we can buy him a nice steak dinner and ask him for a ride in it šŸ˜†

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Gurule92, maybe we should find the guy in Colorado Springs who is getting his truck in March and go put lots of fingerprints on it! šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜œ. or we can buy him a nice steak dinner and ask him for a ride in it šŸ˜†
Ikr! Well... maybe he should buy since he's obviously big ballin lol

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I have enough cash to get it, but I didn't GET that much cash by impatiently overpaying by 25% for stuff I wanted.
In CO, the Foundation premium really costs 32.5k over a dual motor.

And for those who can only afford the dual motor foundation, you could get the beast non-foundation.

I just really want my truck lol

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
In CO, the Foundation premium really costs 32.5k over a dual motor.

And for those who can only afford the dual motor foundation, you could get the beast non-foundation.

I just really want my truck lol
Same here in CA. Which means itā€™s really like 40k because youā€™re not getting the tax credit

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
There is no way I can afford this but also no way I can turn it down.
Please donā€™t buy this truck. It isnā€™t worth going into massive debt over.
The price will come down soon and it will be more affordable when all foundations are sold.