Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I hadn’t really put it in these terms, but you are right. Not an M3 (Are you talking BMW M3 or Model 3?), but my MY is damned near as capable as the Rivian and the F-150 for cargo, it can tow enough to make up the difference, and it is also a decent car camper.

I can add a suspension kit to it and I’d be better off.

I’ve been seriously considering getting another Model Y, but the price increase have put me off.
Another response?! Am I needy or just distracted? Regardless, Erika and I both have been talking about upgrading to the Model Y from our standard range Model 3. Given current resale values, it could be a wash for the cost increase.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
2021 Tesla Model 3. I apologize, I really do not think of BMW or Mercedes... or VW for that matter anymore. I've worked on all three and I will never buy them for the malicious nature of their engineering. Volkswagen in particular for their creative placement of the water pump behind the timing chain assembly and directly affecting the distributor drive that places the distributor on the other side of the engine from its drive gear. But, rant aside, Model 3.
Well Tesla kind of tucks everything away behind shrouds so hard to complain too much. Thought their motor/ battery setups are relatively simple and maintanence free so likely won’t be too much shade tree wrenching needed.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Another response?! Am I needy or just distracted? Regardless, Erika and I both have been talking about upgrading to the Model Y from our standard range Model 3. Given current resale values, it could be a wash for the cost increase.
Another Reply!!

This is funny, I have kind of been considering replacing my Model Y with a newer one just for the newer tech.

Faster computer, 4680s (sometime), faster charging, also an opportunity to add FSD into the financing. As you suggest, likely not an expensive upgrade since used prices are crazy. We don’t have sales tax in OR so don’t have to screw with that.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Another Reply!!

This is funny, I have kind of been considering replacing my Model Y with a newer one just for the newer tech.

Faster computer, 4680s (sometime), faster charging, also an opportunity to add FSD into the financing. As you suggest, likely not an expensive upgrade since used prices are crazy. We don’t have sales tax in OR so don’t have to screw with that.
Once more? Sales taxes and Sin taxes are just cruel. One more way to charge the "not rich" for existing.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wait for the initial rush from Austin to be over to get the new tech. The prices will come down.

At least, that's the plan as Elon said it.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wait for the initial rush from Austin to be over to get the new tech. The prices will come down.

At least, that's the plan as Elon said it.

-Crissa
More than doubling the number of Model Ys produced per year should eventually cause pricing to relax.

Also, the corresponding reduction in cost to produce the Model Y should give them a bit of legroom to reduce prices while maintaining their crazy high margins.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I'm 400,000ish down the pipeline.
Hoping at least 300,000 ahead of me cancel their order.
I also intend to by another share of Tesla tomorrow as soon as the money hits my Ameritrade account. It is below a thousand and I wish I had 10 K to buy more with.
I can't get into my Tesla account for some reason but I hope when they email me for my build I'll have it figured out. Tesla has been no help.
Sponsored