Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
I'm still super optimistic, and surround myself with my CT toys to keep me motivated while I wait.

I've got:

- Two remote control Cybertrucks... The big one from Mattel, and a smaller one made by Hot Wheels.

- Two regular (not remote controlled) Hot Wheels.

- CyberWhistle, The silly $60 Stainless Steel whistle that's truly a work of art.

I still need a truck, so while I'm waiting, I'll be driving the F-150 Lightning when it arrives in June.
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
As a very good and famous internet psychologist I am here to help. You are suffering from cyberphrenia, a condition where the mind splits brought on by an euphoric event followed by long periods of depression. If I learned anything from Fight Club you should not talk about this and you should follow any and all voices....
Right! Yes! OK. No! There's too many of you. Leave me alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
At the current rate, 20% of people will drop off because they changed email addresses and can’t figure out how to get their Tesla account back. 1% will have died, and another 5% couldn’t afford it to begin with and just ordered it aspirationally.

In another few years it’ll just be a few dozen of us left.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I suspect you are right and IF, which is a big if, the other manufacturers can hit volume production, a lot of people may jump. As a late CT reservation holder, May 2021, I have a lot of time before I'll have to decide on CT. I think Tesla still builds the best EVs and suspect the CT will be the best of the EV trucks but I put a reservation down on a Rivian as well and will take a hard look at how they are doing in the real world when my number comes up (late 2023/2024 depending on how many trucks they start putting out). Will likely go ahead with the Rivian and evaluate when my CT number comes up (2025?).
nothing else coming will have significant production numbers by then.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
nothing else coming will have significant production numbers by then.
Depends on when “Then” is.

If (Most likely) production starts in 2023, then you are almost certainly right.

If (Less likely) production is delayed into 2024 as some are suggesting, then Ford might have some serious volume. I still think Tesla will lap them quickly, but might be serious numbers by then.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Right! Yes! OK. No! There's too many of you. Leave me alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!!!
I have recently learned another important thing on this forum that might help you a lot...
Tesla Cybertruck The bright side giphy-1

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
At the current rate, 20% of people will drop off because they changed email addresses and can’t figure out how to get their Tesla account back. 1% will have died, and another 5% couldn’t afford it to begin with and just ordered it aspirationally.

In another few years it’ll just be a few dozen of us left.
I used to aspire to be in the 1%. Did not know what it meant.

(Solemn moment of silence who passed)

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Little secret I learned when having multiple voices in your head telling you to do things.... Only listen to the female voices.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I second this.

I have waited too long and the other offerings are a pale comparison. I was hanging out with my best friend talking about truck bed size. Because, well, we are both motor heads half watching football. The best truck bed is 8' and that is a hill I will die defending. However, 6 1/2' is serviceable. We have both used "trucks" with bed sizes less than 6 1/2' and they are damn near unusable. The short wheel base, the open air trunk, and the reduced mass makes short bed trucks substandard for everything from material transport to towing. Which brings me to the Hummer (the chevy not the sex act), the Ford, and the Rivian. What is the point of shelling out twice if not thrice the money for something that won't haul what my M3 will with the seats dropped flat?! I've taken my M3 to the nearest home depot, picked up a solid door assembly and a few other items closed the trunk and traveled the 160 mile round trip, completing a task the Ford couldn't accomplish without dropping the tailgate. Truck beds without a canopy are a fair weather utility. So with this noted my M3 is better as is a minivan... a reviled, emasculating minivan than the F150, the Rivian, or the Cheby. Uggg!!!! I am frustrated with this poser mentality that every single manufacturer has adopted.

end of rant.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I second this.

I have waited too long and the other offerings are a pale comparison. I was hanging out with my best friend talking about truck bed size. Because, well, we are both motor heads half watching football. The best truck bed is 8' and that is a hill I will die defending. However, 6 1/2' is serviceable. We have both used "trucks" with bed sizes less than 6 1/2' and they are damn near unusable. The short wheel base, the open air trunk, and the reduced mass makes short bed trucks substandard for everything from material transport to towing. Which brings me to the Hummer (the chevy not the sex act), the Ford, and the Rivian. What is the point of shelling out twice if not thrice the money for something that won't haul what my M3 will with the seats dropped flat?! I've taken my M3 to the nearest home depot, picked up a solid door assembly and a few other items closed the trunk and traveled the 160 mile round trip, completing a task the Ford couldn't accomplish without dropping the tailgate. Truck beds without a canopy are a fair weather utility. So with this noted my M3 is better as is a minivan... a reviled, emasculating minivan than the F150, the Rivian, or the Cheby. Uggg!!!! I am frustrated with this poser mentality that every single manufacturer has adopted.

end of rant.
I hadn’t really put it in these terms, but you are right. Not an M3 (Are you talking BMW M3 or Model 3?), but my MY is damned near as capable as the Rivian and the F-150 for cargo, it can tow enough to make up the difference, and it is also a decent car camper.

I can add a suspension kit to it and I’d be better off.

I’ve been seriously considering getting another Model Y, but the price increase have put me off.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I have recently learned another important thing on this forum that might help you a lot...
giphy-1.gif
Is that William Shatner trying to slap-talk himself out of murdering his wife? I don't think it worked.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Depends on when “Then” is.

If (Most likely) production starts in 2023, then you are almost certainly right.

If (Less likely) production is delayed into 2024 as some are suggesting, then Ford might have some serious volume. I still think Tesla will lap them quickly, but might be serious numbers by then.
yes 2023..... there is nothing else by then.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The people on this site are not representative of most of those who ordered the Cybertruck. We are the hardcore who really really want one. By the time the truck actually gets built it wouldn’t suprise me if 60 to 70% of those who ordered moved on to something else. That means those of us who are further back in the queue won’t really have much of a delay at all. So ?.
I like your spirit!

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I hadn’t really put it in these terms, but you are right. Not an M3 (Are you talking BMW M3 or Model 3?), but my MY is damned near as capable as the Rivian and the F-150 for cargo, it can tow enough to make up the difference, and it is also a decent car camper.

I can add a suspension kit to it and I’d be better off.

I’ve been seriously considering getting another Model Y, but the price increase have put me off.
2021 Tesla Model 3. I apologize, I really do not think of BMW or Mercedes... or VW for that matter anymore. I've worked on all three and I will never buy them for the malicious nature of their engineering. Volkswagen in particular for their creative placement of the water pump behind the timing chain assembly and directly affecting the distributor drive that places the distributor on the other side of the engine from its drive gear. But, rant aside, Model 3.
Sponsored