Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OK. I've been busy so I didn't post this yet. But back a few days before the reveal, I took the family to the local (Bellevue WA) Tesla showroom to see the CT in person. For a bit of background, my daughter is 3 years old and the morning of the trip she had seen a picture of the CT on YT. Upon seeing the picture, she told me that the CT was not real.

So, I take the family to the showroom. Walking through the mall, my 3 year old didn't want to walk and asked to be carried so I had her up in my arms. As we walk around the corner into the showroom, she just sees all the people and not the CT. I have to tell her about 4 times that daddies truck is right over there. Immediately her reaction is to say, "That's not real, daddy!" I say, "It is!" And her response is, "Noooo... That's not real."

Anyway, once she realized that a real truck was being looked at, she got bored and wanted to walk around so the rest of the family went to see the other wares on display.

Now once I got past the initial fan-boy gawking, the first thing I noticed were all the cyber foot prints. They looked like this:
Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702007975227

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702008030901

There were a huge number of these prints all over the floor so I can only assume the team spent a lot of time trying to stage the truck in various positions to get it "just right".

The truck was in a taped off area so I could not get too close but with a leg under the tape, I notice that the little "foot step" area in front of the rear tires is smaller than I would be comfortable using to step up on reaching into the bed. There was a question somewhere a little while back if that would work as a foot step. My take is not very well.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702011333520

Another little thing I noticed was the "gap" at the peak between the SS and the glass. Here is a picture:
Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702008934420

The pic was taken while standing behind the barrier tape at the front of the CT looking at the front glass. The beautiful sunset is just the image on the back wall of the store. Just to the left of the CT you can see the back of someone's head.

Now, since this is the very peak of the truck, I doubt any normal day-to-day activity is going to be affected by this. But my first thought was that the pointy part would be a bit dangerous for anyone lifting or removing items from a roof rack. Also, I wonder if there might end up being some water penetration somewhere in that gap at some point. Or perhaps the gap could be used as placement for a hook contraption to hang things from while camping. Haven't seen this bit hi-lighted previously so thought I'd comment on it.

I do notice that this same gap can be seen running all the way down the sides of the front glass. But the most prominent place I see it is at the peak. Here is the gap all the way down the windshield next to the BAW.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702009473022

When I blow up that image at the peak of the roof I see this:

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702009540813

Beyond that, at the base of the glass you can get a size comparison between the panel gap of the front door and the gap at the base of the front glass.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702009709361

That is a blow up of from this:
Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702009747969

Another possibly sharp point that you could catch is at the base of the SS in the back corners.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702009906605

I had never really noticed the small bend at the bottom of the tailgate either. Interesting little detail.

Beyond all that, I took general pictures of all the panel gaps on the truck related to the SS. Not too much to see there unless panel gaps are a real sticking point for you. I didn't find any that were horrible in my eye. But there was a bit of variance in different areas.

So as for the rest of the experience:

1. Walking in (once my daughter was released) there was an employee there collecting names for possible test drives. Signed myself up for that!!! Plus we talked a bit.

2. It was fun talking in person to various people there that were also enamored/curious by the CT.

3. The BAW was a huge (see what I did there?) talking point among the throngs of people in attendance.

4. There was also a Teslabot on a stand. Just hanging out watching for which individuals would need to be taken out during the AI uprising. It had the standard belt-buckle attire plus a Santa hat. There were very few people looking at the bot compared to the CT. Little do they know how much more influence the bot will have over their lives in the future.

Anyway, that's about all I have to tell for now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
A good eye for detail. Thanks for that.

I think the gap under the windscreen is for water to collect and run off. I was wondering how they dealt with that.

Also the side gaps up the windscreen might do something similar, and put the water over the roof instead of on the side windows whilst driving with the wiper on and in heavy rain. It might also help with aero there to round that corner off, to create an attached air pocket along that edge.

I'm assuming the footprints are made by turning on the spot?

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Oh... One more point.

There were people there behind desks that looked like they were taking orders from customers... On the one hand I thought, "Awesome! More converts."

But at the same time, I have to wonder if they are being told anything about the size of the pre-order line. Or to the $250 people get priority over the $100 diehards that are still waiting?

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm assuming the footprints are made by turning on the spot?
That's what it looked like to me. But I was wondering because the tread looks so clean that it might be from something else. They were all the same size and shape though so it certainly wasn't from "burning rubber" in the store.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I do notice that this same gap can be seen running all the way down the sides of the front glass. But the most prominent place I see it is at the peak. Here is the gap all the way down the windshield next to the BAW.
that trim piece of SS is simply snapped into place using pretty traditional trim clips

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store FD7870A8-B812-46F9-A03C-2360695149E5
Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 682DAE3B-F182-4AA1-BABA-1F0398A7775F
Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 92481D39-16AF-4BC4-B011-204F59E4153C

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Oh... I forgot one more thing.

The Cyberquad also made a showing in our showroom. It was interesting seeing the size comparison. And of course, my 3 year old wanted to ride it. This was the newer released model without the removed extra spring in the rear suspension.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702016854555

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Awesome story, thanks.

"That's not real, daddy!" I say, "It is!" And her response is, "Noooo... That's not real."
lmao!

re: cyber footprints

I mean it's very heavy, I imagine that's going to come with some enhanced markings and crumb trails.

re: foot step

I've been eyeballing that ledge for a while and I fully plan to use it as a step. The trick is to use your left foot, and even get a right foot up to the fender if you want to climb in. Granted, I'm an experienced rock climber so this looks manageable, but I can see how it might not work for everyone...

re: sharp angles

I'm really worried about this on the Rivian, less so on the Cybertruck but I'm definitely going to keep it in mind. Also I think we should be recognizing the increased responsibility with driving around this Beast.

re: gaps

I don't personally care about them, but the less ammo for haters would be nice. Tesla isn't exactly known for their steller gaps.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
49" is almost chest high on the average male, the scale is probably out, but still, I reckon you would have to be about 6'5 to even have a chance to bend enough to pick something halfway up the bed.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702040246604

Ages ago, I mentioned the possibility of stepping up on the back bumper gap to reach in over the tailgate... Now it's finalised, I think it is possible. But with a push button to open it, probably doing something really simple the hardest way lol.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Unfortunately Tesla isn‘t famous for build quality. This fit and finish would not be tolerated by legacy auto manufacturers.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702046390099

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Even the VIN plate is located in an unconventional spot.

Tesla Cybertruck Things I noticed on the Cybertruck in Tesla store 1702046641522

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
49" is almost chest high on the average male, the scale is probably out, but still, I reckon you would have to be about 6'5 to even have a chance to bend enough to pick something halfway up the bed.

1702040246604.png

Ages ago, I mentioned the possibility of stepping up on the back bumper gap to reach in over the tailgate... Now it's finalised, I think it is possible. But with a push button to open it, probably doing something really simple the hardest way lol.

That measurement isn't from the ground.