Things that happened when driving on empty (1% and 1 mile range left) when arrived at Supercharge to charge.

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
Start at 2% from home to work: adjusted to Custom Low. I've always drive Off-road High. I've noticed a couple of things:

- Mirrors didn't open on neighbors streets until I merged onto traffic.

- Driving stayed at Low and the icon grayed out, it used to switch to medium: is it because of new software update?

Things above due to CT is smart to save energy? Not wasting power to open mirrors when driving slow in neighborhood and not pumping air to get back to Medium.

Arrived at work with 1% so I turned off, not Auto anymore, thru the touch screen:

- All the lights: headlights, light bar, interior, footwell, cargo bed, ...

- All the safety: blind spots, traffic lights and stop signs, collision, lane assist, sentry, ...

- Climate control, fan, wifi (shared data with my phone) ...

I turned off almost everything I can think of but forgot the walk away horn. And before exited the car: safety, power off.

My Tesla app on my phone was off too.

And by the end of work day I turned my phone app back on, got in the car and still got 1%. Drove to the nearest Supercharger about 2.5 miles away. Touched the % icon to change and it showed only 2 miles so I "hypermile" my CT and kind of nervously watching it downed to 1 mile while I guess it was a little over 1 mile to get there. Finally, when I backed up to the post it still 1 mile.

I guess there's some headroom of those estimate % or mile.
Sponsored

Sheegy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron CT
Occupation
Builder
Country flag
Nail biter
Mine ran out of juice last week, it’s in the shop now replacing the 48V battery and the 48V power conversion system

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
you parked your car last night at 2%? I wouldn't leave it overnight below 20%. I assume you don't have charging at home, even a 110AC?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
you parked your car last night at 2%? I wouldn't leave it overnight below 20%. I assume you don't have charging at home, even a 110AC?
You wouldn't leave your truck with 3x the power my motorcycle holds at 100%?

Admittedly. the truck uses 4x the energy per mile, but...

-Crissa

OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
I don't remember last night after a family meal at my sister's house 10 miles away. Last time I looked it was at 4 - 5%. Got so tired and some argument I forgot to charge at home, I have Tesla Powershare by Trout Electric done last Thu. BTW, supercharger stations are everywhere around my home and work just about 3 miles from home and 1.1 miles away from my work.

AussieAl

First Name
Alan Johnstone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hellcat Challenger, Chevy Avalanche
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag
Nail biter
Mine ran out of juice last week, it’s in the shop now replacing the 48V battery and the 48V power conversion system
Is this a lithium battery?

TwiztOG43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
Start at 2% from home to work: adjusted to Custom Low. I've always drive Off-road High. I've noticed a couple of things:

- Mirrors didn't open on neighbors streets until I merged onto traffic.

- Driving stayed at Low and the icon grayed out, it used to switch to medium: is it because of new software update?

Things above due to CT is smart to save energy? Not wasting power to open mirrors when driving slow in neighborhood and not pumping air to get back to Medium.

Arrived at work with 1% so I turned off, not Auto anymore, thru the touch screen:

- All the lights: headlights, light bar, interior, footwell, cargo bed, ...

- All the safety: blind spots, traffic lights and stop signs, collision, lane assist, sentry, ...

- Climate control, fan, wifi (shared data with my phone) ...

I turned off almost everything I can think of but forgot the walk away horn. And before exited the car: safety, power off.

My Tesla app on my phone was off too.

And by the end of work day I turned my phone app back on, got in the car and still got 1%. Drove to the nearest Supercharger about 2.5 miles away. Touched the % icon to change and it showed only 2 miles so I "hypermile" my CT and kind of nervously watching it downed to 1 mile while I guess it was a little over 1 mile to get there. Finally, when I backed up to the post it still 1 mile.

I guess there's some headroom of those estimate % or mile.
How do you drive with off-road high? I thought the suspension automatically drops to medium after 25mph

cybrtrk88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
You wouldn't leave your truck with 3x the power my motorcycle holds at 100%?

Admittedly. the truck uses 4x the energy per mile, but...

-Crissa

Came back from a trip, 10% left in my Model S. 20 mins or so It self drained to 6%. Also got a notification that it drains power when low power.

Travis64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla mp3 and awd cybertruck
Country flag
Nail biter
How much did that cost ya?
Sponsored