Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Except that an Aptera on-board charger can only accept 6.6 kW, or about 30 miles/hour gained.

I think miles/hour is the most relevant metric to use when comparing charging speeds because it's generally the metric a user really cares about.
Sort of proves my point... The Aptera uses 100Wh/mile, so that 6600 watt charger yields it 66miles/hour... versus just 20-30miles/hour depending on if your Model 3 gets 200Wh/mile or 300Wh/mile... And that's only about 12miles/hour in a CyberTruck, Lightning, or Rivien.

Yes, Miles/hour is more easy to understand, but it also makes more sense when DCFC and it's adding 100s of mph to 1000mph of charge that equates to 10~20 minute stops. IMHO.. At home 32mph or 40-ish mph doesn't matter as much because your charging for 6-12hours... Shrugs.

The main point and distinction I was trying to make, was that the charge curve is a property of the battery in the vehicle, and not the type of charging you are doing. An L1 or L2 charge curve is just a blunted or plateau DCFC charge curve, which itself is also blunted due to chargers inability to deliver 1000kW for the first 60 seconds of the charge curve...

TeslaFANa

First Name
Fiesky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model s, 2018 model x, 2024 cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hi folks, a few days ago we took delivery of our Cybertruck! (San Francisco Bay Area)

For us, here's what stood out so far -
  • It feels amazing, as seen on the youtube videos, the steer-by-wire makes u-turns and handling very easy - it's hard to explain it until you try it.
  • Traffic aware cruise control (TACC) works great, press once the right scrolling wheel to activate it; it took a few miles for the cameras to calibrate; that's normal, similar to what we did on our Model 3. We also see on the display that stops signs, red lights, and pedestrians are recognized. With TACC on, it slows down and stops at red lights and stop signs.
  • The instant acceleration when merging onto 101 or 280 is awesome, we're driving a truck but it feels like a sports car; no wonder the beast Cybertruck beat a Porsche 911 while towing a Porsche 911! See it here.
We have zero regrets about buying "Rover 1" - we already hauled a couple of loads of debris and we're looking forward to driving it around California, many US states, and to parts of Baja!

Updated with dates: ordering, VIN, and delivery -
  • Order Placed Date
    • Dec 7 23
  • Got a VIN Date
    • Jan 11 24
    • Was refreshing the app a few times per day before that :ROFLMAO:
  • Delivery Date
    • Jan 22 24
Some pictures -

rover1-01.png
rover1-02.png
rover1-03.png
rover1-04.png
rover1-05.png
Congratulations man, enjoy it.

I was wondering if you could post screenshots of the Tessie app battery health information. It calculates "real" battery capacity based on fleet average, for example, my 2018 model S is supposed to come with a 100 kW battery, but Tessie reports that the fleet average for my model is actually 97.7, not sure if that has to do with the reserve that Tesla blocks out. It also has calculations on maximum achievable range which I find very accurate, it is based on calculations of driving style and it accesses the battery management system. For example, for my 2018 model S, it says that I have a maximum achievable range of 308 mi, which I think is pretty accurate, that's how much I usually get on road trips driving 65-70, for my wife's model X. It says it has a maximum achievable range of 265 which I think is pretty accurate as well based on what we have seen on road trips.

ttohumcu

First Name
Tolga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi folks, a few days ago we took delivery of our Cybertruck! (San Francisco Bay Area)

• It feels amazing, as seen on the youtube videos, the steer-by-wire makes u-turns and handling very easy - it's hard to explain it until you try it.
  • Traffic aware cruise control (TACC) works great, press once the right scrolling wheel to activate it; it took a few miles for the cameras to calibrate; that's normal, similar to what we did on our Model 3. We also see on the display that stops signs, red lights, and pedestrians are recognized. With TACC on, it slows down and stops at red lights and stop signs.
  • The instant acceleration when merging onto 101 or 280 is awesome, we're driving a truck but it feels like a sports car; no wonder the beast Cybertruck beat a Porsche 911 while towing a Porsche 911! See it here.
We have zero regrets about buying "Rover 1" - we already hauled a couple of loads of debris and we're looking forward to driving it around California, many US states, and to parts of Baja!

• Order Placed Date
    • Dec 7 23
  • Got a VIN Date
    • Jan 11 24
  • Delivery Date
    • Jan 22 24
Some pictures -

rover1-01.png
rover1-02.png
rover1-03.png
rover1-04.png
rover1-05.png
Congrats man.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag

• Order Placed Date
    • Dec 7 23
  • Got a VIN Date
    • Jan 11 24
  • Delivery Date
    • Jan 22 24
Some pictures -

rover1-01.png
rover1-02.png
rover1-03.png
rover1-04.png
rover1-05.png
Conrats! I am in SF
Mine will be a long wile yet.

c18zyxt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, model s plaid
Country flag

• Order Placed Date
    • Dec 7 23
  • Got a VIN Date
    • Jan 11 24
  • Delivery Date
    • Jan 22 24
Some pictures -

rover1-01.png
rover1-02.png
rover1-03.png
rover1-04.png
rover1-05.png
Do you feel any vibration on highway? My truck is super quiet and vibration free on local road but as soon as it goes above 65mph, I start to feel the vibrations and loud tire noise.

OP
OP
ehuna

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do you feel any vibration on highway? My truck is super quiet and vibration free on local road but as soon as it goes above 65mph, I start to feel the vibrations and loud tire noise.
I don’t feel any vibration and there’s way less noise than on my model 3.

OP
OP
ehuna

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
How much notice of delivery did you get, aka After VIN did you have 11 days notice or did actual delivery date notice come after that?
I called Tesla on 1/19 and they said our Cybertruck had arrived at our service center in northern Calfornia. But they were busy so the earliest delivery could be on 1/22.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
After driving Rover 1 and using 123 kWh, we were able to drive exactly 300 miles, at an average energy usage of 410 Wh/mi - not bad!

Notes -
  • This was a mix of highway and city driving.
  • Over 50% of the driving was highway driving.
  • The last trip was all highway driving with over 150 miles driven at 70 to 74 MPH.
  • Hauled a couple of heavy debris loads.
  • The Cybertruck battery size is 123 kWh.
  • We charged Rover 1 between drives until we saw we used up 123 kWh total.
Just like for all ICE and electric vehicles, the range of course varies based on many parameters, I'm just giving one example on some of our latest data

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 10.10.15 AM.png

Any chance of.
1. Getting an update on the ProtectaClear coat? How it is holding up, color change if any, fingerprint defense (looked good in the video you posted).
2. Getting a total trip report pic now that you are well over 314 miles I would guess, interested in your wh/mile after driving for a bit.
Sponsored