First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
For the last few weeks, we have taken Rover 1 to "Auto Pride Hand Car Wash" here in the peninsula, in the SF Bay Area.

The guys did a great job and it's working out so well, we took a monthly subscription - some pictures below.

The @ProtectaClear is holding up without issues! There's a bit of pressure washing at the beginning, but it has not caused problems. It is just much easier to clean with the ProtectaClear - and I haven't seen any fingerprints now for weeks.

Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_9242
Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_9065
Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_9244
Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_9057
Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_9248
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
For the last few weeks, we have taken Rover 1 to "Auto Pride Hand Car Wash" here in the peninsula, in the SF Bay Area.

The guys did a great job and it's working out so well, we took a monthly subscription - some pictures below.

The @ProtectaClear is holding up without issues! There's a bit of pressure washing at the beginning, but it has not caused problems. It is just much easier to clean with the ProtectaClear - and I haven't seen any fingerprints now for weeks.

IMG_9242.png
IMG_9065.png
IMG_9244.png
IMG_9057.png
IMG_9248.png
Wow looks great, how many times would you say you have washed it after the coating?
Also does the fingerprint protection really make a big difference?

Wildnine

First Name
Filo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AW
Country flag

IMG_9242.png
IMG_9065.png
IMG_9244.png
IMG_9057.png
IMG_9248.png
This looks great, did you put the coating yourself or did you get someone else to do it for you?

AlphaPhi1343

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Equipment Dealer
Country flag
I took my Cyberbeast to Mister. It did fine. Minus the kid print that was on it the day I picked it up.

Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_3887

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag

IMG_9242.png
IMG_9065.png
IMG_9244.png
IMG_9057.png
IMG_9248.png
There goes another title for the CT... Forensic Criminologist... best fingerprint collector!

tlc5432

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Model X, Model Y
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
If I opt for a wrap in the future, will I need to strip off the ProtectaClear?

OP
OP
ehuna

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow looks great, how many times would you say you have washed it after the coating?
Also does the fingerprint protection really make a big difference?
I've washed once a week for over a month, but it did rain one week.

The @ProtectaClear makes a huge difference: before it was very easy for folks to leave fingerprints and oily hands marks - after it's barely noticeable and very easy to clean with a microfiber cloth. I have some videos here: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...e-and-after-photos-results.12175/#post-243270

Last edited:
OP
OP
ehuna

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I am interested in @ProtectaClear, but I am wondering how it wears. Does it chip or flake off after some time? I am only about 30 minutes away from Everbrite HQ.

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
If I opt for a wrap in the future, will I need to strip off the ProtectaClear?
No! Previously we had said yes, but now a detail shop has had a chance to try it and they said the PPF adhered very well to the ProtectaClear. So no need to strip.

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I am interested in @ProtectaClear, but I am wondering how it wears. Does it chip or flake off after some time? I am only about 30 minutes away from Everbrite HQ.
It doesn’t flake or chip it just starts to dull. But since it is self annealing you can apply a refresher coat when needed without stripping.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT