Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wonder what the story is on this sickening crash. Hope no one was hurt. It would be gut wrenching if this was caused by the hyper-attention this vehicle gets.
Looks like a side swap, hope it was not someone driving while takin pictures of the truck.
The damage is like someone overshot a stop sign or red light into traffic in front of the Cybertruck. And then only the front corners engaged, causing the front of the other vehicle to slide across the side of the truck as the truck came to a stop. Hence the 'bite' of bumper stuck in the door.

gap buddy
Replacement coverage is irrelevant doesn't care if there's a loan, unless the bank will give them a discount on paying off the remainder.

Always get replacement coverage for things you can't afford to lose.

-Crissa

Last edited:

valleyCPAP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hayabusa
Occupation
CPAP store
Country flag
I feel for the owner, but if it’s the foundation beast, it is still potentially worth close to 100K to someone out there the way it sits, if it’s not a total loss, salvaged title, of course.

MInnesooooooota

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just some junk.
Occupation
Business
Country flag
CTs are dangerous! To the other cars on the road. So damn sturdy.

Lucky for the other car this was a low speed crash as you can see cabin intrusion starting.

As I value my family's safety, I can't wait to get mine. Well, after the Founder's Editions are done.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
The damage is like someone overshot a stop sign or red light into traffic in front of the Cybertruck. And then only the front corners engaged, causing the front of the other vehicle to slide across the side of the truck as the truck came to a stop. Hence the 'bite' of bumper stuck in the door.

Replacement coverage is irrelevant doesn't care if there's a loan, unless the bank will give them a discount on paying off the remainder.

Always get replacement coverage for things you can't afford to lose.

-Crissa
Whelp, market value replacement cost for a similar gently used Cybertruck is currently about $150K. Not sure how else you would simply replace it with the long line of reservations....

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
And if the Nissan got a ticket it’s open season on his insurer.

Truckhaven

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Sierra Duramax, CTS Wagon
Country flag
As disappointed I am with the off-road capabilities of the current cyber truck. The crashworthiness is exceeding my expectations. Hope all parties involved walked away without major injuries

vinsk

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, M3
Occupation
SW
Country flag
Tampa traffic has become bad to worse in the last few years. Too many distracted/impatient and confused drivers. Insurance rates have skyrocketed here even for good drivers with no claims and clean record.