Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Cybertruck Tri-Motor ordered
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Does anyone know what their average or typical speed was? We tow a 5000 lb Airstream with our 2020 X and get 110 miles when we keep it between 55 & 60.
I've calculated I can get 150 miles towing my 5000lb Airstream with my Plaid at the same speeds.
Sponsored

DelPhonic1

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
I have no idea why people even thing about publishing charging to 100% numbers. Even worse someone charging at a Supercharger to 100%

So this means that I'd have no problems towing that load from Atlanta to Miami.
I charge to 100% routinely when I travel or tow. I grab a bite to eat and a drink, or, take a nap or eat in the trailer-- boom at 100%. What's the rush?

DelPhonic1

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Yes since most of the great campground's, lake's and recreational area's are right at the outskirts of town.
You don't tow much do you?
Studies show folks travel an average of 125 miles/day. You don't follow data much, do you?

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I charge to 100% routinely when I travel or tow. I grab a bite to eat and a drink, or, take a nap or eat in the trailer-- boom at 100%. What's the rush?
Love your style.

I'll be imitating you in my camping trips pulling an RV.

I'm into enjoying a leisurely road trips, not into accumulating miles.

VDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Country flag
Studies show folks travel an average of 125 miles/day. You don't follow data much, do you?
Ok maybe, nice generic hypothetical study.
The folks from the suburbs heading into the city in their car to catch a game & night in the hotel?

Ok so if people only travel 125mi/day & only commute 40 miles a day why are manufacturers making 300-600mile range vehicles?

I hope the data works for those CT owners heading out Friday afternoon to go (dry?) camping 2+ hrs away with their travel trailer.
I'm sure all the pull through chargers will be ready for their not fast partial charge.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Ok maybe, nice generic hypothetical study.
The folks from the suburbs heading into the city in their car to catch a game & night in the hotel?

Ok so if people only travel 125mi/day & only commute 40 miles a day why are manufacturers making 300-600mile range vehicles?

I hope the data works for those CT owners heading out Friday afternoon to go (dry?) camping 2+ hrs away with their travel trailer.
I'm sure all the pull through chargers will be ready for their not fast partial charge.
Most people commute way less than 125 mi/day, it's more like 40 miles. Nissan came out with the Leaf and one of the more popular was the 88 mile version. They sold a lot of them and thet worked very well as a commuter.
But people think they drive further and for a general purpose vehicle, the minimum generally accepted range is 300 miles, it is less, then the reporters jump all over the number and declare it a failure. Tesla sell a lot of the standard range vehicles at about 250 miles, and they are quite capable of crossing the US. You end up charging just about the same, except that on a 1,000 mile trip, you may average an extra stop.

BUT, I think that the quote was about towing, not daily use.

VDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Country flag
Most people commute way less than 125 mi/day,
Mr.Phonics was referring to travelling not commuting
Tesla sell a lot of the standard range vehicles at about 250 miles, and they are quite capable of crossing the US. You end up charging just about the same, except that on a 1,000 mile trip, you may average an extra stop.
Commuter car's with small faster charging batteries N/A.
BUT, I think that the quote was about towing
Yes as per OP
Sponsored