Trade in value. Final payment. But no VIN?

plaidmodelx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Model X, Dual Motor Performance Model X
Country flag
Hey I ordered my CT on 1/9
Today I checked the app and they finally posted the trade in value for my car. Which I rejected. And now it’s asking for final payment but no delivery date or VIN was assigned. Did this happen to anyone else?

thanks,
Sponsored

OP
OP

plaidmodelx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Model X, Dual Motor Performance Model X
Country flag
Haha it’s in the app like that. I’m very confused. Tesla didn’t get it either

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Are you financing or paying cash?

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S, X, X, Cybertruck (on order)
Country flag
Were you disappointed with the trade-in value? Same situation here, the offer I got was less that 50% of purchasing price while my MX car is only 18 months old with 15K miles on it. I was told by Tesla that trade-in requests go to auction sites. So no different then when you try selling online at Carvana, Carmax, Driveo, etc. Same low offers—the Tesla used car market seems broken

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Were you disappointed with the trade-in value? Same situation here, the offer I got was less that 50% of purchasing price while my MX car is only 18 months old with 15K miles on it. I was told by Tesla that trade-in requests go to auction sites. So no different then when you try selling online at Carvana, Carmax, Driveo, etc. Same low offers—the Tesla used car market seems broken
They are at the mercy of the 3rd party buyers and what they will offer. I would think it is a pass through for them.

I had my 2023 Lightning appraised yesterday at CarMax and they offered 5k more for the trade then Tesla

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
They are at the mercy of the 3rd party buyers and what they will offer. I would think it is a pass through for them.

I had my 2023 Lightning appraised yesterday at CarMax and they offered 5k more for the trade then Tesla
What model and packages? What was the offer?

Debating if I want to get a lightning while I wait and scoop up the tax credits twice

Did you do carvana?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
What model and packages? What was the offer?

Debating if I want to get a lightning while I wait and scoop up the tax credits twice

Did you do carvana?
It is a 2023 XLT std battery, with towing package and 9.6 Pro Power onboard, bedliner and soft roll tonneau. 15k miles. Offer 42k. Tesla 37k.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
It is a 2023 XLT std battery, with towing package and 9.6 Pro Power onboard, bedliner and soft roll tonneau. 15k miles. Offer 42k. Tesla 37k.
Gotcha.

I was ricing a std battery XLT 23. They had it for 55. After incentives I'd pay 42.5 so probably not the call lol thanks for the info!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Gotcha.

I was ricing a std battery XLT 23. They had it for 55. After incentives I'd pay 42.5 so probably not the call lol thanks for the info!
That is amazing what they sell for now.

When I purchased the Lightning was much like the CT. People waiting more than a year chumping at the bit to get their truck. Dealers were selling them way over MSRP. Bring a Trailer was reselling at huge mark up and the feeding frenzy was on. I felt fortunate to buy at MSRP. Then

Tesla Cybertruck Trade in value. Final payment. But no VIN? 1706388993380

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Yeah man, been in that limbo longer. I placed my order 12/28, applied and was approved for financing 12/28, rejected their trade in offer 1/5, made final payment 1/9 which they withdrew from my account 1/12 and I got no vin yet. Of the entire 4+ years this has been the most painful and frustrating few weeks of the entire time by far.
Sponsored