Does final payment before VIN assignment speed up delivery?

g7bupw9z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
I'm curious if anyone has experience with finalizing payment before VIN assignment and whether it has any impact on delivery timelines. I've heard mixed things, and I'm hoping to get some insights from other Cybertruck enthusiasts.

If you've already taken delivery of your Cybertruck, did finalizing payment before VIN assignment seem to make a difference in when you received your truck? Any feedback would be appreciated!
Sponsored

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It does not. I ordered on Dec 11 got financing and made final payment and didn’t get my VIN for 74 days(in Texas). Financing expired after 60 days so I just reapplied when I got my VIN.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
Nope! I ordered beast Dec 8, paid final payment on the 26th… no VIN just yet .

hopefully in the coming weeks!

CT Owner Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 MS, 2020MY, 5 Cybertrucks on order!
Occupation
Forensic Alarm Investigator
Country flag
I reserved 11/19. Got my invite in late December 23. I ordered the FSCB. Was asked to convert to a a non-refundable order, and paid $250 for that. Paid the additional $1K for the FS. Then, I ordered the extended range battery, paid an additional $500.
So, all in, (including the initial $100 deposit in 2019), I have paid $1850, and have no VIN yet. I am a cash payer, so paying in full, while not an issue, is not something I would do until it is here. If it would hasten the process, I would consider it, but that has not been an option so far. All of my other steps have been completed. Still waiting in NJ….

mfg310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
It does not. I ordered on Dec 11 got financing and made final payment and didn’t get my VIN for 74 days(in Texas). Financing expired after 60 days so I just reapplied when I got my VIN.
It’s probably me not understanding something…..are you saying that you got financing, and the finance company paid $112,000 (or whatever amount you financed) to Tesla 74 days before you got your VIN, but the financing expired 60 days after they paid Tesla??

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s probably me not understanding something…..are you saying that you got financing, and the finance company paid $112,000 (or whatever amount you financed) to Tesla 74 days before you got your VIN, but the financing expired 60 days after they paid Tesla??
I was approved for financing when I placed the order but the finance company's need a VIN to proceed, so the part I financed did not go to Tesla at that time. I did the down payment and sales tax payment right away though as that was what was listed under my "Amount Due" tab which took into account the financed amount. I then reapplied for financing the day I got the VIN.

mfg310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
I was approved for financing when I placed the order but the finance company's need a VIN to proceed, so the part I financed did not go to Tesla at that time. I did the down payment and sales tax payment right away though as that was what was listed under my "Amount Due" tab which took into account the financed amount. I then reapplied for financing the day I got the VIN.
Got it, OK, so while you paid YOUR final payment, the “Final Payment” as construed by Tesla was not actually made in your case. They were still due a check.

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Got it, OK, so while you paid YOUR final payment, the “Final Payment” as construed by Tesla was not actually made in your case. They were still due a check.
Correct!
Sponsored