Trucks been in service for 3 weeks

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Update: Tesla won't have the harness until April 10th, so it will be almost 2 months in their possession once the part finally arrives. And it's not even a guarantee that the harness is the fix.
Holy crap. Hopefully it will come in sooner than they think.
Sponsored

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Update: Tesla won't have the harness until April 10th, so it will be almost 2 months in their possession once the part finally arrives. And it's not even a guarantee that the harness is the fix.
So even in gigafactory assembly line, they are also waiting for this harness to continue?

This is none sense.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
So even in gigafactory assembly line, they are also waiting for this harness to continue?

This is none sense.
Of course not. But why would they slow down production by even a single vehicle to fix yours if they already have your money? They know you want the truck, which protects them against lemon law claims. If you lemon law you aren't getting another one for several years.

It amazes me how some service centers are able to get parts quickly, and have competent people there who can figure out issues quickly. But others take 3 weeks to diagnose and then are unable to get the parts in a timeline on the same planet as "reasonable".

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I picked up my truck on 2/27 around 8pm.
The truck already had 15 miles on it when I picked it up. It was also filthy and the charging port cover was all scratched up. The white leather also had dirty finger prints on most panels. The sales rep said this is normal for stainless steel, and that ā€œthe vehicle is going to get scratches.ā€ (Ultimately they did agree to replace the cover, still not what youā€™d expect on a 100k brand new vehicle) He then grabbed a spray bottle and towel and attempted to clean the truck and made it 100X worse. I had to stop him from going any further. Also, he mentioned how the truck gets so much attention and that he parked one at Home Depot and came back to a crowd of people. I asked him if he owns one, he said no but I have a bunch of friends that doā€¦. šŸ¤” I think they were joyriding my truck before letting me know itā€™s ready for pickup, because I picked up my truck the day after I got the vin I believe. So you know it had to be in their possession for some time. Anyways, now to the real problem. 2 days later, the trucks sits at 72 miles on the odometer and 40% battery. I get in the truck, put my foot on the brake, and everything immediately shuts off. The door will not open. used the manual release to get out. The truck is then towed to Tesla on 3/1. It is now 3/18 and they still cannot figure out what the issue is. It sounds like all they have done so far is replaced the PCS (power conversion system) and that was not the fix. They cannot get the car to power on without it being plugged in. All they can tell me is they hope to have a better update for me tomorrow. Highly disappointing šŸ˜”

IMG_4518.png

IMG_4519.jpeg
Talk to the sales manager at the center, they are incentivized to keep customers relatively happy, not the guy in the front with the tablet, the sales manager, most locations have two.
Give them the facts and the timeline, tell them you want a new truck before the end of the quarter. That is 10 days, plenty of time

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Real Estate Broker Associate
Country flag
Hey man, Iā€™m in the same boat. There are 4 or 5 of us with similar issues. Iā€™m in Fort Lauderdale and itā€™s been 2 weeks thatā€™s my CyberTruck has been in the shop for the same electrical issue I presume. I say presume because the Service Center has been pretty tight-lipped about communicating anything about the issue, discoveries, and expected completion date.

People keep reminding me about the lemon law, but I donā€™t care about that. I want my truck back and in usable condition. Iā€™m driving my other vehicle, no need for a loaner, but itā€™s very frustrating waiting more than 4 years to take delivery of a vehicle that you eventually have to pay $20K more for to take delivery of it now, only for it to be as useful as a paperweight 4 days later.

Iā€™d like to see Tesla either replace the defective CyberTruck with a new & working CyberTruck (perhaps upgrade us to a CyberBeast) or refund us the $20K foundation series fee. Because thereā€™s no sense in paying $20K more for a vehicle that has spent more time at a Tesla Service Center than with the owner. Teslaā€™s complete lack of communication sucks! And every day I have to air for some kind of response, the more frustrated I become.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Hey man, Iā€™m in the same boat. There are 4 or 5 of us with similar issues. Iā€™m in Fort Lauderdale and itā€™s been 2 weeks thatā€™s my CyberTruck has been in the shop for the same electrical issue I presume. I say presume because the Service Center has been pretty tight-lipped about communicating anything about the issue, discoveries, and expected completion date.

People keep reminding me about the lemon law, but I donā€™t care about that. I want my truck back and in usable condition. Iā€™m driving my other vehicle, no need for a loaner, but itā€™s very frustrating waiting more than 4 years to take delivery of a vehicle that you eventually have to pay $20K more for to take delivery of it now, only for it to be as useful as a paperweight 4 days later.

Iā€™d like to see Tesla either replace the defective CyberTruck with a new & working CyberTruck (perhaps upgrade us to a CyberBeast) or refund us the $20K foundation series fee. Because thereā€™s no sense in paying $20K more for a vehicle that has spent more time at a Tesla Service Center than with the owner. Teslaā€™s complete lack of communication sucks! And every day I have to air for some kind of response, the more frustrated I become.
Call the Service Center and ask to talk with the manager, lay out what you just put in that post and let them know after 20 days in service you would like your $20k premium back. You paid for early delivery and did not get it.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag

While none of the things you feel like you deserve would ever happen (new truck, upgrade to beast, refund of 20k), I would demand real answers. Threaten them a bit. The truck is your property, not theirs. If they won't tell you what's happening, you demand to have it back so that you can find what the issue is on your own, and you will blast it to the entire internet and turn it into a big spectacle. They can keep people in the dark as much as they want until the truck has been transferred. Once it's no longer owned by tesla, they don't get to do this cloak and dagger bullshit. It's absolutely not your problem that they want to keep all cybertruck issues hush hush, and they have no right to keep you in the dark in this manner.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Stop, just stop. You can believe anything you imagine, but wheel wells full of mud does not automatically equal "obviously sales stuff joy riding". Dont get me wrong, It's not OK to deliver unprepped vehicles, but it is also not OK to mount baseless accusations.

I, voluntarily, picked up my truck very dirty too with mud in wheel wells, with clumps of mud in the cabin - but I also actually SAW with my own eyes how my CT was taken down from a transport. There was no way anyone took it for a "joyride". My speculation is that Texas factory is still a mess and whenever it rains there, trucks get f-ed up dirty.
You are correct. Was there for 3 days for the reveal party. Lots of land under construction with what looks like is red clay. Out rented Tesla was dirty from the rental company when we picked it up and we returned it dirtier. Seems like all the roads around the factory are also full of this red clay run off.
Rick

CT4SONG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
They canceled my delivery appointment three times because the car had issues with climate control and supercharging.3/11 3/20 3/23
Now they donā€™t even know when they can deliver my truck. Also they took my 30k down payment Mar 9th. Not happy at all.