Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't make sense of your point now. Capital gains is the part that wasn't taxed, so now it's income, so shouldn't it be taxed like normal income instead of special?

Not sure what you mean by "capital gains is the part that wasn't taxed"? If I invest money that I have earned and that "earned money" was taxed then it shouldn't be taxed again as earned income.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not sure what you mean by "capital gains is the part that wasn't taxed"? If I invest money that I have earned and that "earned money" was taxed then it shouldn't be taxed again as earned income.
If you invest $1 in a thing, then sell the thing for $2... The $2 is income; but $1 of it was your capital, and $1 is 'capital gains'. Only the net gain is taxed. The part that hasn't been taxed.

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you invest $1 in a thing, then sell the thing for $2... The $2 is income; but $1 of it was your capital, and $1 is 'capital gains'. Only the net gain is taxed. The part that hasn't been taxed.

The $1 you invest has been taxed as "income tax" and the net gain is taxed at a lower rate called "capital gains tax".

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

-Crissa

At least we don't have the VAT(Value-added tax) that Europe and other countries has.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The $1 you invest has been taxed as "income tax" and the net gain is taxed at a lower rate called "capital gains tax".
...yes, but why isn't it just income again? It is just income.

It encourages people to hide income as weird sources, which just adds to our costs as taxpayers preparing our books or as taxpayers paying the guys who look over them.

At least we don't have the VAT(Value-added tax) that Europe and other countries has.
...VATs are annoying but simple and don't apply to this conversation. They're basically a capital gains tax on every transfer.

-Crissa

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
...VATs are annoying but simple and don't apply to this conversation. They're basically a capital gains tax on every transfer.

-Crissa
[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. VAT has absolutely nothing to do with capital gain. It’s a sales tax paid by individuals on purchases. Companies claim it back. If I (and therefore my company)buy a CT. I pay 20% VAT. But I simply take the amount off how much VAT I have received from business sales and pay the government the difference.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Incorrect. VAT has absolutely nothing to do with capital gain. It’s a sales tax paid by individuals on purchases. Companies claim it back. If I (and therefore my company)buy a CT. I pay 20% VAT. But I simply take the amount off how much VAT I have received from business sales and pay the government the difference.
Incorrect. You're fixing a statement that wasn't made.

A value-added tax is what again? Oh, yes, value-added. It's different in different countries, and in some places (although very few any more) only applied the net value added, rather than the gross price. It can be seen like a sales tax...

...But VAT (and sales taxes and capital gains) are collected against the entity making the money.

So yes, a VAT is 'like' a sales tax or a capital gains tax. They're taxes on income gained when making a sale. But VAT is irrelevant to somewhere with a capital gains tax and vice versa. I did say they were simpler.

-Crissa

Dbl07.co

First Name
Bond, James Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
392 Dodge Challenger
Occupation
CEO DBL07
Country flag
Today was a painful $30,000 loss... hope battery day and S&P is on the way for next month to regain some of that. If not the only “EV” I will be driving is my kids Barbie electric truck, and she said I’m too fat to fit in her truck! ?

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Today was a painful $30,000 loss... hope battery day and S&P is on the way for next month to regain some of that. If not the only “EV” I will be driving is my kids Barbie electric truck, and she said I’m too fat to fit in her truck! ?
Did u sell off??

Deleted member 5322

Loaded up more today! If it goes down tomorrow lower than $300 I will load up more again. Invested 95 grann in tesla and have no regrets. Expecting price around $800 by February, after Q4 Earning report.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The red dot to the right of TSLA brought up the SEC Rule 201
Tesla Cybertruck TSLA DOWN -39.45 Pre-market Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 7.16.54 AM