$TSLA The sell-off continues-what's wrong?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I wonder if someone is actually monitoring or if there are trigger words that we can defeat with random characters. Let's try it. Tr$$p is a lyer.

I would content that most of our discussions that get political are about EV and EV adoption policy.
This all affects the CT in some degree or another.
Seems like Twitter discussion gets political in a hurry too.

Back on topic. Today is back green. Hopefully the rest of the week will stick to the plan.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

Back on topic. Today is back green. Hopefully the rest of the week will stick to the plan.
Clicks equals revenue. It must be hard to enforce a policy that cost the site money. There isn't a ton of CT news.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag

Is this what is meant by a "Greenday"?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I wonder if someone is actually monitoring or if there are trigger words that we can defeat with random characters. Let's try it. Tr$$p is a lyer.

I would content that most of our discussions that get political are about EV and EV adoption policy.
This all affects the CT in some degree or another.
I think the trigger words are "noo poly ticks" and "mode airator", along with a range of other name calling and fowl language, possibly the blue bird as well atm. ;-)

But yeah we are all content generators here, helping to perpetuate information, even if there is none....

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I bought ten more shares in the last two weeks at an average of 900 per.
I think that once the sleeping giant awakes 2000 a share is going to look like a bargain.
I'm hoping they will split the stock so I can grab a few more shares before it goes to the moon.
I just found out there is a new grandbaby on the way so I have to get ten shares for him/her.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
As a retired old white man, discourse on Forums has become a sport. I also ride my bikes 500+ miles a week and play golf 2-3 days. Lack of being productive builds frustration. If I didn't despise politics, that would be an option but my gender, ethnicity and age are already over represented. The anticipation of and discussion about the CyberTruck (and Tesla) is one of my current interests. Once the CT arrives I'll move on ... I promise. :)

My Tesla Solar Panels and Powerwalls will be installed in a couple of weeks. Think I'll mosey on over to that Forum for a while ...

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
As a retired old white man, discourse on Forums has become a sport. I also ride my bikes 500+ miles a week and play golf 2-3 days. Lack of being productive builds frustration. If I didn't despise politics, that would be an option but my gender, ethnicity and age are already over represented. The anticipation of and discussion about the CyberTruck (and Tesla) is one of my current interests. Once the CT arrives I'll move on ... I promise. :)

My Tesla Solar Panels and Powerwalls will be installed in a couple of weeks. Think I'll mosey on over to that Forum for a while ...
Sounds boring over there. 'Yup I am green, I am saving so much money'. There is not much adventure in a solar panel. Seriously congrats on your purchase.

Cheers

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Fed announced interest rates in line with expectations and suggested the planned hikes for the rest of the year would be middle of the road.

So the market was a bit relieved across the board. TSLA up 4.77% which is quite nice.

We don’t even really need great news right now. Just a few weeks of not-bad news.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I just read a headline:

“Tesla investors, Watch out. DeLorean is back!”

Snippet

“ Tesla investors might want to take note of an industry development. There is a new entrant to the U.S. electric-vehicle race. Investors, and moviegoers, have heard of it: DeLorean. ”

Taking investor advice from moviegoers is why the E-trade baby is returning.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just read a headline:

“Tesla investors, Watch out. DeLorean is back!”
Saw this too. :rolleyes:

I think they have a template for this sort of article and just fill in the blanks.

It doesn’t matter how many times the sky fails to fall on Tesla, the articles just keep coming.

Don’t recall if it was mentioned here yet or not, but Tesla is now the most profitable auto company in the US. They still have a ways to go to catch up with GM and Ford on units shipped, but higher selling prices and higher margins have pushed Tesla to the top of the profitability heap.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Investors heard what they want to hear from the Feds. The economy is strong albeit employment is super hot fueling wage growth and putting further pressure on inflation together with supply chain issues/China lockdown.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Tesla investors might want to take note of an industry development. There is a new entrant to the U.S. electric-vehicle race. Investors, and moviegoers, have heard of it: DeLorean. ”
Another EV player. Yawn.
To quote the late Jimmy Durante. "Everybody wants ta get inta da act"
To quote the great Elon Musk. "Prototypes are easy, production is hard."

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Another EV player. Yawn.
To quote the late Jimmy Durante. "Everybody wants ta get inta da act"
To quote the great Elon Musk. "Prototypes are easy, production is hard."
It is kind of sad to see the consolidation and the lack of choice. I don't see DeLorian making it, even as a boutique car. Everything in the future is going to look pretty much the same. There is only so much you can do to customize a skateboard. The EV retromod market might fair well by keeping some cool cars on the road as converts.
Sponsored