John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Well, if your investment is a long way away from being considered long term, you could always sell for recorded loss and repurchase on a different account, resetting your long term counter. If you need a loss and your original purchase is not less. Beware a quick recovery.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
The whole market is down and TSLA is high value, so it'll reflect more heavily. Don't panic, just hold and carry on.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Well, if your investment is a long way away from being considered long term, you could always sell for recorded loss and repurchase on a different account, resetting your long term counter. If you need a loss and your original purchase is not less. Beware a quick recovery.
yup....ridiculous hype over Twitter......

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I was just out of college in 2012 and didn't want to buy stock because I was already overleveraged with heavy student loan debt. I didn't want to risk my money on a new company. I was also afraid that Elon believed in his values so much he would run the company in the ground if he had to see them through. Next time I think that about a new CEO and his start up I'm jumping in both feet!

Oh yeah, I'm long Tesla. This just looks like a discount for future shares to me.

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
...it's also notable that there is significant macro pressure that Tesla have been performing relatively well against recently. There's a lot to break down here.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
...it's also notable that there is significant macro pressure that Tesla have been performing relatively well against recently. There's a lot to break down here.
Today was the exception to this. On previous days it outperformed the market. Today it massively underperformed the market.

Since there is no news which actually relates to Tesla, it should shake this off… though it might take a bit of time. By next earnings people will be thinking about other things. If Tesla is on track to deliver 50% growth for the year in spite of the Shanghai shutdown and supply constraints that is going to demand some love.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
There is not real reason Tesla goes down like that, if you got cash then buy a few shares, Q2 could be stupid good. The Wall Street still could not understand how stupid good Q1 is, they simply can not accept Tesla can do what it does even though the data is clear as it can be.

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
If you want to invest in TSLA. Purchase what you can afford, when you can afford it and just hold it for 10+ years. I’m not a financial advisor.