Two Recent Tesla Patents (Feb/March 2022)

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I have a hunch that Tesla designers and engineers are working on a radically different wiring architecture for the Cybertruck. Out with the traditional copper wiring harness that is heavy, complex and needs to be heated slightly for flexibility before it’s installed.

The truck is supposedly going to built using the latest state of the art technology. I sure this has something to do with the delayed production timeline.

Assembly workers installing a traditional wiring harness. Notice it comes out of a heated sack. Workers install the wiring harness in the video at roughly 14:15.

https://www.motor1.com/news/525528/porsche-911-how-its-made/
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just think the automatic tire-inflation system would do wonders for the CT while on the trail... sort of like the G63 AMG 6x6. Air it down for more instant traction in the soft stuff, then when you are done, air it back up to hit the highway... seamless!!! Nice

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Unless they have come up with something truly revolutionary, an air system hard tied to a chassis for off-road (or even rough road) work is no bueno. Leak city over time. I really hope they have/can, but no one else really has to this point in spite of a lot of work by folks throughout the industry to crack it...

SS

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Black Snakes will take care of your problem.
We live under the canopy, so we don't get the big gopher snakes. The cats are usually sufficient but I'll have to train a new one.

@PAPAB Your post as a broken /quote tag, you'll want to move it up above your reply. And yes! That's where I heard that.

Unless they have come up with something truly revolutionary, an air system hard tied to a chassis for off-road (or even rough road) work is no bueno. Leak city over time. I really hope they have/can, but no one else really has to this point in spite of a lot of work by folks throughout the industry to crack it...
This is why the new patent.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With a bit of risk management , we could more confidently travel without the spare.

A slow leak could be kept under control, either with or without temporary repair.

Eventually it needs to be fixed, but you could literally drive hundreds of miles.

Unless you have a blowout, then you're rooted.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
I'm not referring to the patented hubs. I'm talking about the compressor system and the hoses, linkage, etc. Try finding a air locking differential that isn't a pavement princess more than a year or two old that works/doesn't require constant maintenance... This will be a similar concept and hopefully better... but there is a reason many things on vehicles are electro mechanical vice pneumatic now. We'll see!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I have a hunch that Tesla designers and engineers are working on a radically different wiring architecture for the Cybertruck. Out with the traditional copper wiring harness that is heavy, complex and needs to be heated slightly for flexibility before it’s installed.

The truck is supposedly going to built using the latest state of the art technology. I sure this has something to do with the delayed production timeline.

Assembly workers installing a traditional wiring harness. Notice it comes out of a heated sack. Workers install the wiring harness in the video at roughly 14:15.

https://www.motor1.com/news/525528/porsche-911-how-its-made/
So cool…Elon’s 40v PDU remark starts to emerge in patent off Tesla benchmade innovation proves Tesla are focused on avoiding automobile fallacy of entrenched systems design.

It’s exciting to see a TPMS system this forum discussed realized in patent form even though its Semi as highest embodiment. IDK if onboard air serves Tesla other innovations for Semi or Cybertruck.

Deleted member 11233

Some heavy duty trucks (i.e., fire trucks, school buses) are being wired with a multiplex type system using a common cable with each individual device (headlight, tail light, radio, etc) having a distinct network address and reporting back to a central processor running the entire system.

A detailed explanation from a bus manufacturer is here: Thomas Built Buses
Sponsored