Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
First, is the Universal Wall Connector on the website the same one that comes with FS CT orders?

Second, if so the website says it is 11 KW / 48 amp output, any idea how long it would take a CT to charge from say 10% - 80% at that rate?

thanks in advance!
A little hard to tell, but I believe that it is a different, but similar device. The Cybertruck is using a version that supports Powershare, AFAIK, the existing one has no idea that Powershare is.

It is very rare for anyone to need to charge 10-80%. Most charging is done in just a few hours.

10-80% is only needed if you are doing two long trips on two consecutive days.
Sponsored

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
A little hard to tell, but I believe that it is a different, but similar device. The Cybertruck is using a version that supports Powershare, AFAIK, the existing one has no idea that Powershare is.

It is very rare for anyone to need to charge 10-80%. Most charging is done in just a few hours.

10-80% is only needed if you are doing two long trips on two consecutive days.
Tesla is selling two different wall chargers. The first is the old one. The second is the “universal” unit, with both the J1772 and NACS. The website says this one supports PowerShare.

https://www.tesla.com/home-charging

OnTheSnap

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Delivered 1/22, 2023 MS Plaid Ultra red
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Tesla is selling two different wall chargers. The first is the old one. The second is the “universal” unit, with both the J1772 and NACS. The website says this one supports PowerShare.

https://www.tesla.com/home-charging
The universal wall charger came out before they announced PowerShare. So the older model has no PowerShare badge. But it’s the same and can do PowerShare.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I keep wondering why you can't set an alarm on the app to charge your Tesla in the evening if your battery is below a set amount.
You can schedule charging

edit: I get what you are saying now. Charge if below x amount, yeah that would nice
For L2 AC charging, you can set the charge limit.
I believe he was trying to describe an alarm function on the app - whereby if your charge is below X%, but thr car isn’t plugged in to charge, you get an alarm on your phone reminding you to plug in

I would set my charge % to 80, because I always want to be charging

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I have purchased 20 ea. wall connectors. I believe there is only one universal wall connector from Tesla. It came out just before the CT. Around October 2023. I am almost certain that is the one that supports bidirectional charging.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
I believe he was trying to describe an alarm function on the app - whereby if your charge is below X%, but thr car isn’t plugged in to charge, you get an alarm on your phone reminding you to plug in

I would set my charge % to 80, because I always want to be charging
Cvalue13: you are exactly right. We don’t plug in everytime I pull into the garage. The wife doesn’t look at the battery level. It would be nice to get an alarm reminding us to charge when the battery is below a set limit, say, 30%.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Cvalue13: you are exactly right. We don’t plug in everytime I pull into the garage. The wife doesn’t look at the battery level. It would be nice to get an alarm reminding us to charge when the battery is below a set limit, say, 30%.
The best thing to do is just get into the habit of plugging in every time you exit the vehicle. Soon it will become second nature.

You also have to consider being connected to shore power all the time (when parked in your garage) will significantly reduce your overall battery usage over the lifetime of the battery. All those hours spent parked really do add up. And if you are pulling power from the grid rather than your battery, the overall health of your system will be much better.
Sponsored