azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Just gives me more time to save up that down payment and maybe buy some more Tesla stock.
I just hope the Nissan van can hang in there until they build mine. I average 20k miles a year and keep it maintained so there is hope.
At this rate you will be buying one with cash
Sponsored

Tkirchen

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTtuck
Country flag
What happens to the price? Inflation is rising, do we believe that we will still get these trucks at the 100 reserve price? I see this being a big problem. Of course I’m disappointed, but I’m happy to take a better spot in line if anybody below 80,000 is ready to bail :)

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
SOURCE Sawyer Merritt on twitter:

The Cybertruck has been delayed to late 2022. "Production starting late 2022 and volume production in 2023". This is per a company wide conference call with employees.

[Admin addendum: Elon did add this about the Cybertruck: "It will be a special project. Like a glitch in the Matrix. Like if Neo had a car."]

So there you have it folks. Volume production will begin in 2023. If you are 100,000 and above for your place in line, start thinking 2024, or later, the further down the list your spot is. :cry::cry:
Like waiting for the vaporware roadster...starting to think the Rivian might be a better bet.

APax

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dual motor CT on pre-order
Country flag

The Cybertruck has been delayed to late 2022. "Production starting late 2022 and volume production in 2023". This is per a company wide conference call with employees.

[Admin addendum: Elon did add this about the Cybertruck: "It will be a special project. Like a glitch in the Matrix. Like if Neo had a car."]

So there you have it folks. Volume production will begin in 2023. If you are 100,000 and above for your place in line, start thinking 2024, or later, the further down the list your spot is. :cry::cry:
That’s OK. My divorce is not going to schedule either ? its taking a while to shed the millstone from my neck.

APax

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dual motor CT on pre-order
Country flag
Anticipating delays, I purchased a Model Y to tide me over until my Cybertruck would be ready.
SO GLAD I did.

I'm enjoying the Model Y :cool:- but unfortunate so is my wife :sneaky:

I'll be trading her in when the Cybertruck is ready [ the model y, not the wife :rolleyes: ]
Bad choice.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
F150 lightening is tempting now. Or Model Y.
I hedged my bets: Lightning reservation immediately after the reveal, Model Y reservation just made. Order book opens on the Lightning "this fall" so we'll see if can get in the system for a 2022 delivery. The Y is looking like a Feb delivery, since it can tow a decent load, I could get by with that awaiting E-trucks to become more plentiful.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Just gives me more time to save up that down payment and maybe buy some more Tesla stock.
I just hope the Nissan van can hang in there until they build mine. I average 20k miles a year and keep it maintained so there is hope.
In similar boat. Don't have even 1 tenth the down payment Tesla financing will need and glad I have the time since I am planning to get two in the same year.
I drive 45,000 miles per year in my Prius and just want that to last but it will have over 300,000 miles by then so we will see.

JayJay

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, Cyber Truck on order
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I am disappointed but am still planning to buy one when it comes out. I guess I will have to keep my 2006 Chrysler 300 running for another year. Was there a reason given?

Kirsten

First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I am disappointed but I think we all saw this coming with recent body changes. And the computer chip shortages have been causing production delays.
I leased a Model Y and am wishing I had bought it instead at this point. But, twist my arm, if I need to lease another car to ride me over until I get my CT, so be it.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I am not okay with a delay. I only have so many years of driving left...get my drift? However as a stock holder this delay tells me that the demand for MY and M3 cars outweighs the production of the CT. Therefore that is a good thing. However I have to be hopeful to get my CT in late 22 or early 23 otherwise I may have to opt for the Rivian:censored: That would be okay if I can use the SC network.

Fvansan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma and pre-ordered a cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Retired Psychiatric Social Worker
Country flag
In all honesty, I am disappointed and actually pissed-off. Just make up your mind and don't do teaser dates. You got your reservations and a ton of $. I will be 72 this year and already had one heart attack so far. I wonder which will come first, my death or my Cybertruck.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Thinking about it some more, we should shut this Cybertruck Owners Forum down.
It will be 3 years before most people will have a chance at being an Owner.

Why spend valuable life minutes talking about owning a vehicle, that we can't own. For quite some time.
I agree.. im probably gonna just go ahead and log off again untill Q4 2022..

Or atleast a name change? like.. "cybertruck owners in a month or so"

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
While like many here I am a bit bummed by this announcement, I think there could be an upside to it. The delay could cause some to cancel their reservation and thus those of us who reserved rather late might see our reservations move up the list.

This delay was not totally unexpected as the global chip shortage is far from resolved, and 4680 cells are NOT available at scale yet. Also there could be issues engineering a production line to make the stainless exoskeleton at scale.

I believe Elon is sincere with his announced timelines, just overly optimistic.

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
What happens to the price? Inflation is rising, do we believe that we will still get these trucks at the 100 reserve price? I see this being a big problem. Of course I’m disappointed, but I’m happy to take a better spot in line if anybody below 80,000 is ready to bail :)
Exactly, I really don't think he will be able to hold the price.
Sponsored