HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s a shame this as happened because CT basically Put electric trucks into peoples minds now all the other brands Have copied but unfortunately they’re going to get theirs to market quicker then Tesla because there been around way longer than Tesla. There not as good as Tesla but there way better getter The vehicles to market. Everything Tesla does gets copied,
There going to lose loads of sales because people don’t want to wait.
I’m not one of them people I’m going to wait. I’m in Uk so probably 2030 delivery.
Nobody is bringing an electric truck to market quicker than Tesla. Ford has been publicly working on the electric F-150 since they announced it at the SEMA auto show in 2008. Rivian was incorporated in 2009 as an electric vehicle maker and it took them until May of 2018 to announce their electric truck. Tesla did not reveal the Cybertruck until September 2019. Rivian brought not one single EV to market between 2009 and now, Tesla brought four different EV's to market in that time (5 if you count the original Roadster).
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The fact that politicians have been able convince far to many gullible people
that man is able to control World climate, if you simply give them money and power; reminds me of the story about the ego of a flea on his back floating down river on a leaf, with an erection screaming “raise the railroad bridge, raise the bridge”.
It's already been proven that human activities have already altered the climate in dramatic fashion. This is only in doubt to climate deniers who don't follow the science.

We forget that political global warming con all started with Obama, Gore, and Strong who were “instrumental in developing and launching the privately-owned Chicago Climate Exchange, which called itself “North America’s only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects.
Global warming theory did not start with politicians, it started with scientists who were studying climate back as early as 1882:

Beyond Google: my afternoon trawling Trove for the first mentions of climate change | Libraries | The Guardian

and this newspaper brief from scientific thought in 1912:

Tesla Cybertruck Update from Elon: Cybertruck production starting late 2022 and volume production in 2023 1632115020903

Forbes magazine went through the federal budget and estimated about $150 billion in spending in research grants to prove global warming during President Obama’s first term alone. It has grown to $trillions and has become a self serving industry.
That's false. The Federal Budget did not include $150 billion in research grants designed to prove global warming. That's not how science works. In any case, much of that money was to mitigate the effects of climate change, harden cities against flooding, etc.

What did PT Barnum say about a sucker born every minute.
I bet you never thought you would become the subject of that famous observation! Everyone who buys into the climate denial misinformation could be classified as a sucker.

That is not to say the World Climate is not changing. It is always changing. That is not to say CO2 has not increased, it has. Weather is not Climate. The World is not coming to an end.….for awhile.
Climate science does not predict the end of the world due to global warming, it predicts rapid climate change (historically the climate changes much more slowly), flooding, heat waves, large scale crop failures, etc. etc. etc. This does not end the world, it merely reduces our standard of living, reduces the carrying capacity of the planet for humans, makes us more uncomfortable and takes millions of lives. It's not the end of the world but I don't think it's a better future than if we act now to limit humans impact on climate. The impacts of human induced climate change have already cost world economies billions of dollars in damages and millions of deaths. Yet some people prefer to deny anything at all is happening. It's like the flat earthers, they believe what they believe and no evidence is good enough to get them to change their mind.

Sad.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, since the market is really high for my 2018 Tundra, it looks like I’ll get the 2022 TRD pro tundra. Then trade it in for my CT. By the time it’s ready for me to pick it up, my Tundra will nearly be paid off.
Disheartening News, that’s for sure, but I’m getting one anyway.
I recommend not buying a new ICE truck at this point in time unless you are OK taking a real bath on the resale value in a couple of years. Projections are for new ICE vehicles to loose value very rapidly during this unprecedented disruption.

Did you know the popularity of the Model T made the price of horses collapse? All of a sudden no one wanted the old technology anymore and horses became so cheap it actually become socially acceptable in America to eat them, something that previously was legal, but taboo. After the glut of horses was consumed, the original taboo on horse meat was re-established.

ICE vehicles will be similar, there will be a glut of them and no one will want to pay very much for them. It's going to happen faster than the mainstream media realizes.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Nobody is bringing an electric truck to market quicker than Tesla. Ford has been publicly working on the electric F-150 since they announced it at the SEMA auto show in 2008. Rivian was incorporated in 2009 as an electric vehicle maker and it took them until May of 2018 to announce their electric truck. Tesla did not reveal the Cybertruck until September 2019. Rivian brought not one single EV to market between 2009 and now, Tesla brought four different EV's to market in that time (5 if you count the original Roadster).
The Cybertruck reveal was Nov. 21 2019. The night I put down my deposit. I remember it clearly, almost as if it were yesterday.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Nobody is bringing an electric truck to market quicker than Tesla.
Unless you were an early Tesla engineer, this is pretty near unknowable. Considering how popular trucks are in the US, I think it's likely Tesla has internal designs for a truck dating pretty far back. Very possibly marked "Delayed until cost/ kWh and weight is reasonable".

The Cybertruck reveal was Nov. 21 2019. The night I put down my deposit. I remember it clearly, almost as if it were yesterday.
The official reveal happened as you say. But Musk mentioned the Cybertruck well before that.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OMG.
So this is where everyone has been apparently. At last look on this thread I was at message #46. Now I come back and there are 381 messages?

Well, I'm not going back to catch up. Hope I didn't miss too much.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I recommend not buying a new ICE truck at this point in time unless you are OK taking a real bath on the resale value in a couple of years. Projections are for new ICE vehicles to loose value very rapidly during this unprecedented disruption.

Did you know the popularity of the Model T made the price of horses collapse? All of a sudden no one wanted the old technology anymore and horses became so cheap it actually become socially acceptable in America to eat them, something that previously was legal, but taboo. After the glut of horses was consumed, the original taboo on horse meat was re-established.

ICE vehicles will be similar, there will be a glut of them and no one will want to pay very much for them. It's going to happen faster than the mainstream media realizes.
I hope I don't have to eat my ICE vehicle once my CT arrives...
How do you eat a horse? 1 bite at a time.
How do you eat an ICE vehicle? I don't want to even think about it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's like the flat earthers, they believe what they believe and no evidence is good enough to get them to change their mind.
Flat earthers, climate change deniers, and anti-vaxers.

None of them should be able to enjoy the benefits of science since they don't actually seem to believe in it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
It's like the flat earthers, they believe what they believe and no evidence is good enough to get them to change their mind.
You mean like this?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I recommend not buying a new ICE truck at this point in time unless you are OK taking a real bath on the resale value in a couple of years.
I go back and forth on this. Cars have entered the realm of technology. It makes it difficult to buy any vehicle because what comes out in 2-3 years is going to be a lot better than what is released today.

Buy a Model Y? It's likely the Model Y Texas Ranger edition is going to be lighter and get better range.

But a Model 3? See above, if anything its even older technology!

Model X? Nope, between versions.

Chevy Bolt? LOLz

Rivian or F150? Expensive, lighter better trucks in 3-4 years. (Not just Cybertruck)

etc. etc.

Sometimes you just need a car or truck and you have to buy what's available right now. Of course when the Cybertruck is availavle, now that will be the perfect time to buy. ;)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I go back and forth on this. Cars have entered the realm of technology. It makes it difficult to buy any vehicle because what comes out in 2-3 years is going to be a lot better than what is released today.

Buy a Model Y? It's likely the Model Y Texas Ranger edition is going to be lighter and get better range.

But a Model 3? See above, if anything its even older technology!

Model X? Nope, between versions.

Chevy Bolt? LOLz

Rivian or F150? Expensive, lighter better trucks in 3-4 years. (Not just Cybertruck)

etc. etc.

Sometimes you just need a car or truck and you have to buy what's available right now. Of course when the Cybertruck is availavle, now that will be the perfect time to buy. ;)
This is why I went with alternatives. I am using a trailer for most hauling type activity right now. If I need something stronger I'll rent a truck for the few times that is necessary. But I know there are others for whom this type of solution would not be practical.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It’s really just sad to see that Tesla is prioritizing cars they already manufacture when there is soo much interest in this new product. They are dangling the carrot for way too long and people are walking away.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It’s really just sad to see that Tesla is prioritizing cars they already manufacture when there is soo much interest in this new product. They are dangling the carrot for way too long and people are walking away.
Walking where to, though?

Tesla can't make the truck until the batteries are ready. They already use more batteries than they can make.

-Crissa

Ratso

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75 Monte carlo, 74 K5 Blazer, 85 Chevy van, 89 Pontiac 6000, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Chevy Silverado, and my last car will be Cybertruck tried motor.
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
How does an 8-12 month delay by Tesla turn into a 2 year delay for you?
I'm number 235,000 ish. The spreadsheet someone here did had me at Oct 31 2022. Now that the CT first deliveries are delayed until 4th Q with "ramp up the end of 2023" I can easily see where I'll be lucky at best to see my CT in 1st Q 2024.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The fact that politicians have been able convince far to many gullible people
that man is able to control World climate, if you simply give them money and power; reminds me of the story about the ego of a flea on his back floating down river on a leaf, with an erection screaming “raise the railroad bridge, raise the bridge”.

We forget that political global warming con all started with Obama, Gore, and Strong who were “instrumental in developing and launching the privately-owned Chicago Climate Exchange, which called itself “North America’s only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects.
It's already been proven that human activities have already altered the climate in dramatic fashion. This is only in doubt to climate deniers who don't follow the science.

Global warming theory did not start with politicians, it started with scientists who were studying climate back as early as 1882:

Beyond Google: my afternoon trawling Trove for the first mentions of climate change | Libraries | The Guardian

and this newspaper brief from scientific thought in 2012:

Tesla Cybertruck Update from Elon: Cybertruck production starting late 2022 and volume production in 2023 1632115020903-

Looks like the 1912 newspaper brief was actually from full article:

Remarkable Weather of 1911: The Effect of the Combustion of Coal on the Climate — What Scientists Predict for the Future
by Francis Molena
Popular Mechanics Magazine
1912 March
https://books.google.com.mx/books?id=Tt4DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA339#v=onepage&q&f=false
Sponsored

Last edited: