soonerdy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Drives me crazy when people keep saying it's delayed "Again".

It was originally due out the end of this year. They quietly changed the production start date until "2022". It was never "Q1 2022" or "1st Half 2022", it was just 2022. The date hasn't been moved a dozen times or even twice, it's been changed once. They just left it up to speculation when it was going to hit.

If this is true, it's not exactly surprising. Since they changed the date they've dropped a few hints that it will be towards the end of the year. I'm definitely bummed but not surprised. When they changed the date to the very vague "2022" I'd already braced myself for this.

Maybe if they've finally settled on a date that means they know what they need to do to work around the issues around the 4680?

Hopefully this means they've given themselves ample time to get everything in the production means optimized, I would rather they get it right than rush the product.

DannyT

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
the problem here is that Rivian is almost ready and GM and Ford will be before Tesla. people in need of a truck and still puzzled about CT's appearance will go for another brand at this point. this is no good news for us Tesla shareholders. As a future CT owner, however, I am ok with any delay that makes CT better.
Ford is ALREADY there imo.
But Tesla would have to be nuts no to compete with it and they have a number of points counting in their favor. In its current form, the Cybertruck it is certainly distinguishes itself from, say the F-150, on several points.

To name just a few of them.

Low maintenance costs.
Low operating costs.
Reasonable purchase price.
Pretty solid equipment that no one is really building right now.
Potential for very good torque.

That's something that's very attractive to pick-up buyers.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
I'm semi-agnostic regarding batteries. The proven older 28xx are likely good enough for me.

What I care more about, re Fremont versus Austin, is:
* Paint quality and
* Dual front & back mega-castings.
* Overall fit and finish (re a new production line).

Has anyone heard anything about the paint quality expected from Giga Austin? As soon as they start taking orders from Giga Austin I will jump in line (and then relax a bit until the Cybertruck starts getting made). I do not like the idea of refusing delivery until the features I want be one available.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything about the paint quality expected from Giga Austin? As soon as they start taking orders from Giga Austin I will jump in line (and then relax a bit until the Cybertruck starts getting made). I do not like the idea of refusing delivery until the features I want be one available.
So far there are zero complaints about the paint at the Tera Texas factory in Austin. It has a flawless track record... pristine.

Advertisement

Advertisement