Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Stills are coming from great close-ups at 5:00 and 8:00mins marks. HINT: Video sounds best with audio muted. ?

I think rounded edge windshield is a pointless compromise. Makes the single wiper less functional and replacement of shotput-resistant glass more expensive. Trying to win over the haters? Trying to give apologists a lame counterpoint? "Well at least my ugly truck's windshield is slightly curved..."
?

Top and bottom bar-lights is most futuristic aspect of the vehicle. Hope that is STILL part of production model OR this "truck from the future" selling-point will fall flatter than the windshield should be.

Those of you gents with "length-worries" ?‍♂ The bed was never going to be 8ft. Remember? Pay attention? You got (and will probably still get) to carry a sheet of plywood by dropping tailgate and flipping-up the tail "stop." If you are a serious DIY-guy, weld on a contracting rack like I will... or will that make your manly-truck too "Ain't p'urdy a'nough?"

Speaking of ugly: I HATE the HUGE side-mirrors, reminds me of my arcane 2000 F350=?. Will see about sawing mine off and telling the cops they were causing me range anxiety and impacting my naught to 120mph times... you know... about as much as my contractor rack, but for no advantage. ?
A curved piece of glass resists breaks better than straight. Ask any Keep owner how many windshields they've had replaced and you'll understand why most vehicles have curved windshields.
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I hate the look of the curved windshield. Go back to flat panel please...if the change was for aesthetics, it was a fail.
I sure hope that Tesla is just testing out some things on the wiper. I can't tell if it is a wiper that travels on an arc or straight left to right. If left to right, like on a track, then I'd hope you would get the option of storing it in many different spots so as to change the way it looks when not in use and give you the most visibility.
Those look like 33" tires to me. I bet they leave the factory with 33" tires because on a truck, 33" tires vs. 35" equals way more range. A bit of a disappointment again if my assumption on tire size is true. That means an immediate spend for larger tires would have to happen after laying out massive money for the CT.
I again hope side mirrors is just a test rig and they will have something completely different for the final design. Basically everything this truck appears to represent is a huge disappointment from what was revealed with the prototype.
33" Tire diameters makes this bed undesirable for me for my main use case.
209.6" truck length.
5.16 foot bed length to overhang
5.69 foot bed length overall.

1-2" too short for my toys without having to account for distancing to prevent fender mashing.

This is a honda ridgeline v1. Not the initial truck design, and would be extremely disappointing although not deal breaker for me. Just something that would eternally piss me off.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] ct bed measurements approx 33 TIRE DIA

Last edited:

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
One other notable difference is the front bumper is now rounded for whatever reason which also detracts from the prismatic aesthetic. I really, really hope this is some Frankendesign mashup of different ideas they are wanting to test out and not the final design.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
I most definitely want to see an explanation from Elon for the extra sized roof glass causing an overhang at the back, and the windshield edge being pushed forward causing what looks like a shorter front. I'm willing to bet the actual size of the front trunk is no different when opened up.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
33" Tire diameters makes this bed unusable for me for my main use case.
209.6" truck length.
5.16 foot bed length to overhang
5.69 foot bed length overall.

1-2" too short for my toys without having to account for distancing to prevent fender mashing.

This is a honda ridgeline. Not the initial truck design.

ct bed measurements approx 33 TIRE DIA.png
6.5' is bed definitely preferred to a 5.5' bed for me also. But what if the tailgate has an ability to extend out after it's opened...like a drawer or table with leafs?

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
They have ruined the cybertruck with the curved front end! I get the wipers and mirrors but they have taken away the main draw of the truck, its style. Starting to look like a standard truck :-(

CHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Model X
Country flag
6.5' is bed definitely preferred to a 5.5' bed for me also. But what if the tailgate has an ability to extend out after it's opened...like a drawer or table with leafs?
In light of these changes, the H1 ev with a 6.5‘ bed and 35in tires looks pretty good

Last edited:

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
They have ruined the cybertruck with the curved front end! I get the wipers and mirrors but they have taken away the main draw of the truck, its style. Starting to look like a standard truck :-(
Yeah, that curved front end and curved windshield are definitely "off" with the overall design of the truck. I'm guessing Elon will say they needed to curve the front end for better aero and to squeak out more miles. People will probably forget about it over time and forget that the original was completely flat in the front.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The issue I have with short beds is more that I don't want the weight of the vehicle being hauled resting on the tailgate at all. I also would prefer to not have to add a netting or something across the open bed so that I could also store other stuff in the bed next to the two wheelers being hauled. Currently when I haul on my short bed ridgeline if I want to bring anything else along, it all has to fit inside the cab if its shape or weight risks rolling around or isn't conducive to strapping down. So I end up throwing the fold up ramp (wont need this at least) in the bed with the bikes and strapping all that down.. then being limited to what can fit in the back seat of the cab with seats folded up. Just would be nice to keep everything in the bed contained easily and have room for more people/less stuff in the cab.

Again.. not deal breaker, but probably the biggest draw for me previously aside from the fancy ev stuff.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I never planed ever to park my CT in the garage. If it has a solar option, with side fold-out sails... that thing is staying parked in my driveway to soak up free energy when I'm working from home part of the week.

I don't get why everyone is so bent on getting it to fit in a garage. You worried it's going to get dirty or rust or something?
Snow. I know the thing can heat up but snow, partially melted into ice is a serious pain. Plus, my charger is in the garage and I drive further every day than the panels will be able to fuel.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
concrete dividers and the van gives size perspective.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 2A5BA267-107F-49E1-8F3F-07035C54C865
Sponsored