Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
Yup, maybe the tonneau cover retracts into the roof which is why the roof overhangs the bed.

Which, if true raises the chance of a full-size pass-thru door from cabin to bed.
I thought this might be the case too, but the rear roof panel shrinks a little too much for me too think this is the case, atleast on this variant of CT
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CT-Lights
Sponsored

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
Love all the comments...Here's something I noticed...Is one of the main purposes of that track to test FSD stuff with the way the white lines are painted on both sides? At one point the truck is moving without a driver and the passenger is messing with something...Hmm....

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CyberTruckOnTrack

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
yeah no.... deployable is a bad option anywhere that sees snow in winter. the wiper is fine.... you drive looking forwards, not to the left. My jeep wrangler had a roof mount larger than the CT wiper- I got used to it very fast.
Agree, don’t restrict peripheral views

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I can't believe how many people are worried about how the truck looks. When I reserved it, on day one, I thought it was the ugliest vehicle I'd ever seen. Over time, it started to look good, but that's just because we love it.

I reserved it for 2 reasons, the price and the specs, especially the 6'5" bed length.

The objective truth is, both versions of the CT are ugly and ALL trucks are ugly, they are pickup trucks.

Deleted member 3316

I don’t understand the design choice of such a large windscreen. I don’t see the value of all that realestate lost from the frunk and all the heat gain on the dash board. It’s almost big enough to sleep a few kids on that dash. It seems like a waste of space and energy (heating or cooling cabin space.)

It appears to be an aesthetic choice over function… which seems against the design brief.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I don’t understand the design choice of such a large windscreen. I don’t see the value of all that realestate lost from the frunk and all the heat gain on the dash board. It’s almost big enough to sleep a few kids on that dash. It seems like a waste of space and energy (heating or cooling cabin space.)

It appears to be an aesthetic choice over function… which seems against the design brief.
Under the dash is my legroom.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
If the wiper's pivoting point would be on the top of the windshield and in inactive state the blade turned back close to the roof, the CT would have a better aerodynamics, less distractions for driver, and a texan look like a chief's feather.
The blade may also tilt as an antenna for the Starlink

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Kirsten

First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I love that Tesla is having fun reinventing the wheel (or perhaps I should say car). Having fewer parts to bring down production costs is ingenious. Not having a door handle is a nice design and has an added benefit of not allowing car thieves a way to enter. I am hoping there is a manual override inside the car though. If the car is involved in a crash which compromises the electrical system and starts a fire, you need an auxiliary way out. I love the cool design features but safety will always be number one. If the car ends up in a body of water, people need a way out of the car. If there is bullet proof glass and no door handles how can emergency personnel save people trapped in the car? These are a couple of questions which I believe need to be considered and answered to the public. And, these things need to be answered before production and mass production begins.
I kind of like the mono wiper. Please don’t compromise the bed size in the truck. It needs to be able to transport a quad. I love that it has a built in ramp. There are some great designs built into this truck and I am excited about it hitting the market. If you design for safety as a major factor in design, you will win market share.
Sponsored