Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350. Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Excavator
Country flag
I imagine there is not many pull through Superchargers. Other than unhooking trailer anytime you are charging on a road trip.
Sponsored

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Very few, but I did recently see on Twitter somebody speculation that the CT could have the ability to use a Tesla Mega charger due to the reported 250+ KW charge rate

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
No, not many that I am aware of and when I have seen them it's been one stall out of a dozen. It would be nice if PlugShare said how many there are in each station's listing. For many of the stations that have them someone has posted a photo in the pictures section. Users can help by doing that and mentioning the pull through stalls in the Check In notes.

Last edited:

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
Ours being a market-driven economy, if we whinge enough, they will build them.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I often think it would be a simple matter to make a charging "extension cord" but then I picture in my mind a connector lying in a puddle with 400 VDC on it.

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
I often think it would be a simple matter to make a charging "extension cord" but then I picture in my mind a connector lying in a puddle with 400 VDC on it.
Might be good if it was laying in a puddle, aren't the V3 supercharger cables actively cooled? The extension would have to be as well.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I don't know about the Tesla high power chargers but I do know that some of the EA high capacity ones do (or did) use them. Clearly a liquid cooled extension cord is out of the question. Liquid cooling does not strike me as a good design. At the very least it requires expending more power to get rid of power which is wasted. Increasing conductor size by a factor of r reduces this power loss by a factor of r^2 but also increases weight (and cost) by the same amount. Perhaps the tradeoff comes down in favor of cooling when all is said and done.

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I imagine there is not many pull through Superchargers. Other than unhooking trailer anytime you are charging on a road trip.
I actually commented on a similar topic about batteries in the trailer, but I would say they might just have some trailers (RV models) have a Megacharger port, and since the trailer would be tethered to the cybertruck, it could charge the cybertruck too!

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Will not have to worry about being iced at a super charger with the CT. Either drive around or tow the offending vehicle out of the way.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"Will not have to worry about being iced at a super charger with the CT. Either drive around or tow the offending vehicle out of the way. "
If the CT comes with a receiver hitch a tow chain can solve that problem. You see the same issue with the terminally lazy and stupid that park in handicap spaces. Maybe the powers that be will start fining the idiots that think the rules don't apply to them.
Sponsored