Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Not to mention that truck starts at ~$150k..

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Imagine the maintenance cost's with that truck. Total Cost of Ownership comparison would be interesting. Also there will be so many things that I'll do with my Cybertruck, that i would NEVER do with that $150,000 dollar toy.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Raptors are built to be driven fast off road, not sure how the CT will do in that regard but will be much better as as far as towing and hauling

Dodge coming out with the Ram T rex and the rumor is Ford will be releasing the 2021 Raptor with a supercharged 5.2L V8 out of the GT500.

Sounds like a fun time to be a truck owner

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
However this raptor will lost $20,000 in value in the first year.....lol
In the next five or six years the resale value of any ICE vehicle is going to PLUMMET. No FSD? Sorry, it will be like trying to sell an old style TV. Junkyards won't even want them in fifteen years.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think ICE vehicles will still have a resale value in 5 years. 10 years is where I expect being an ICE vehicle will be a much more negative factor.

In 5 years, I still think we will have just as many gas stations while the charging network for both Tesla and other companies to be expanding. In 10 years though, I expect lvl 2 chargers to be just about everywhere from most residential apartments to even having most large parking lots equipped with plenty of chargers. Once it is convenient to keep charging your car just about everywhere, it will then be a burden to have to actually stop at a gas station for casual city driving.

Now when it comes to FSD, I think we are even further away from that being the norm. I don't think we are far off from it but I don't think many people will have it right away. First you have look at where the majority of companies are in their progress. Tesla is doing very well and I think they have the most going for them because you can activate autopilot on any road with lines. This isn't the same with all autopilot/fsd programs that are being worked on, some companies have specific highways that they've approved for their autopilot and you can only use it while in those areas.

This might not seem like the biggest difference to some people, but for a Tesla to successfully drive on roads that it's never seen before is a huge benefit that Tesla has because they are constantly collecting data just about everywhere as Tesla becomes more and more popular.

We also have to look at the cost. FSD for tesla costs $8000 right now and Elon has stated that they plan to keep raising the price more and more and will eventually be double and could even be 10x the price when it's complete. I'm sure if they get level 4 or 5, we will definitely see a lot more people buying Teslas, but if you need to buy a car that after tax and everything will cost around $50000, and then on top of that pay another lets say $50000-$80000, most people can't afford that for their personal vehicle.

Hopefully we see some strong competition from other companies when it comes to lvl 3 and lvl 4 FSD on all roads, not just highways which is where I see most companies focusing almost all of their efforts on.

Cmgarcial

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Corvette Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can only say. I don't understand that both Ford and Dodge are naming their future "NEW" trucks after Dinosaurs, which have been extinct for millions of years. Is it an OMEN?!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Maybe it's because while they are making an EV, they are sticking with the oldest overall design of a pickup truck, hence being dinosaurs. While the Cybertruck being a brand new, spaceage looking design, is named as something futuristic.

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
In the next five or six years the resale value of any ICE vehicle is going to PLUMMET. No FSD? Sorry, it will be like trying to sell an old style TV. Junkyards won't even want them in fifteen years.
You are talking out of your horse butt.
Sponsored