Ventilated seats and massaging seats possible for Cybertruck?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With the price range of the Cybertruck, regular trucks (1500,2500,3500,4500) would offer ventilated seats and massaging seats. Would Tesla offer these in the Cybertruck to make it competitive to the likes of the F-series, Rebadged GMs, Stellantis, and other competitors?
I think you are making some big assumptions about pricing which are based on little other than rumor and fear.

I’m sure the Cybertruck will be competitive with other trucks similar to its price, in the same way the Model Y and the Model 3 are competitive with cars of a similar price. There will be some features which are better and some which are not as good, but the package will be appealing.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
With the price range Tesla looking at to price the Cybertruck, it should offer it, since many vehicles in that price range offers this feature. Personally, I do have a bad back at the Spine level (saw doctors for treatments and got lawyers involved, but pain will come regardless of sitting in proper stance, or trying to Stand and work; standing for more than 5 minutes will trigger severe back pain), and sometimes, the heating element doesn't help.

Since I'm willing to pay arm and leg (speculation of a price range for the Tri-Motor be like in the $80k-$100k) for what will be a commuter vehicle for me, it should have these features. Those who do suffer from back pain would easily relate to what I am saying.

There are other data points that make it more competitive than a Rivian and any GM EV trucks, but I could get a single wheel or dually for the same price brand new that comes with massaging seats.

Model 3 and Y are expensively priced to begin with for the average consumer, but then we are also adding a Model Y to our fleet "soon". They should have at least the ventilated seats as an option for vehicles that live in Florida. Come April till like October, vehicles will turn into baking ovens down here, especially when parked outside. Shade parking is a premium here and you gotta be early to get one In 2022, my current vehicle recorded temps north of 110 degrees on multiple days.
You spout a whole lotta BS here and I don't know if it's because you simply don't know or because you are trying to do legacy auto bidding. Let's dissect your errors:

"With the price range Tesla looking at to price the Cybertruck, it should offer it, since many vehicles in that price range offers this feature."

Ummm, we don't know what price range "Tesla is looking at to price the Cybertruck" beyond the range of $39K-$69K they have announced. The other fallacy in your opening sentence is that it assumes every truck from every manufacturer should offer the same features in the the same price points. That there is no room for one manufacturer to offer a different value proposition to meet the preferences of different buyers.

The N. American pick-up truck market peaked at around $115 billion dollars in 2019 and In the first two years of sales, the Cybertruck would be lucky to amount to 10% of that so there is plenty of room to fill different market needs. Saying the Cybertruck has to be just like the other trucks is a dumb statement. In fact, if the Cybertruck was just like the rest, it would not sell as well. The huge demand is precisely because Tesla is offering new truck buyers something different.

"Since I'm willing to pay arm and leg (speculation of a price range for the Tri-Motor be like in the $80k-$100k) for what will be a commuter vehicle for me, it should have these features. "

Your statement makes no sense. First of all, there is no indication that Cybertruck will "cost and arm and a leg" relative to other new trucks. New trucks are expensive, not everyone can afford one. Further, the fact that you say you are willing to "pay an arm and a leg" for Cybertruck, pretty much proves that it doesn't need massage seats to garner demand. Obviously, Cybertruck has huge demand without having massage seats so to say it "should" have them, is non-sensical.

"There are other data points that make it more competitive than a Rivian and any GM EV trucks, but I could get a single wheel or dually for the same price brand new that comes with massaging seats. "

That is one more statement that is at odds with itself. You say there are other reasons Cybertruck will be more competitive than the competition, but then state you could get a dually with massage seats for the same price (without even stating what that price is). In my experience, duallies with massage seats can only be purchased new at a very high premium, almost certainly much more than any comparable Cybertruck without massage seats.

Fer cryin' out loud! Make up your mind. If you want a dually with massage seats and naked women mudflaps with fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror, then buy one, no one is stopping you and everyone behind you in the Cybertruck reservation line will move up one reservation. This is not a difficult concept! Buy whatever strokes your pleasure center and stop trying to dictate what Tesla needs to offer to be competitive.

IMO, the Cybertruck will be manufactured at high volume and still won't be able to satisfy all demand. And, no, it won't have massage seats and it doesn't need them to have unprecedented demand.

"Model 3 and Y are expensively priced to begin with for the average consumer, but then we are also adding a Model Y to our fleet "soon". They should have at least the ventilated seats as an option for vehicles that live in Florida. Come April till like October, vehicles will turn into baking ovens down here, especially when parked outside. Shade parking is a premium here and you gotta be early to get one In 2022, my current vehicle recorded temps north of 110 degrees on multiple days."

Yes, your 2017 Acura gets baking hot in the Florida sun. All cars do. Tesla's have special glass coatings to reflect as much heat energy as possible that not all cars have. But the real advantage over all ICE cars is they don't have a large cast engine radiating heat through the firewall to the footwells and the rest of the cabin. EV's are naturally cooler and easier to cool down before you get in the car. Even if you have remote start on that Acura, the air conditioner runs off a belt driven by the engine. That means it cannot provide maximum cooling power at idle.

A Tesla can be cooled a couple of minutes before you get in the car and it's A/C can run at full tilt during those two minutes which can effectively cool the cabin much more quickly, especially without footwells that are super-heated by residual engine heat.

That's not to say I wouldn't like cooled seats in the Cybertruck, and maybe it will have them, I don't know. In any case, it would be fine without them also. Yes, even in a hot, sunny climate.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm hoping for heated and vented seats at least. CT is supposed to be a technology bandwagon right?
The Model 3/Y is the design template, for sure. Lowered manufacturing cost, everywhere.

But ventilated seats use less material and maybe more importantly less energy as the warm/cold is applied directly to the driver's body.

The Model S is basically a test platform for comfort at this point. So they have experience making these features, and can port them to their less costly brands.

I think it's a feature I hadn't thought of but that many have asked for, and in retrospect, like heated seats, a little goes a long ways. Not even the heat pump can match it.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon has SAID a LOT of things about this truck's features. MANY of them are not going to happen.
Has he? Because the list of things I’ve seen him say about it is fairly short and has largely been true.

Mostly curious what this big list of things is, I don’t recall him saying it would have cooled seats, but it wouldn’t surprise me either, not the sort of comment I’d get excited about one way or the other.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Arizonan here. I can appreciate the needs for cold weather but here we have the other extreme: heat.
Ventilated seating would be very appreciated as the dash vents need a few minutes just to cool down the vents/dash itself whereas ventilated seats would put the cool air where it is needed immediately. Now if they had a way of cooling the steering wheel...
What could be an useful accessory is an awning on a roll that could mount just below where the tailgate and tonneau cover meet, or possibly from the frunk This cover could then be pulled over the top of the CT to the frunk (or tailgate). Bonus points for the ability to slightly inflate this cover to reduce conducted heat. The shade provided would significantly reduce the cabin temp from 140-160 F to typical summer temps of 105-120F.
Tesla has an feature to keep the cab somewhat cool but it really uses a lot of AC and the battery also needs to be kept cool as well.
My wife and I often seek to find shade in parking lots which typically is some scrawny desert tree that barely blocks light. We call these rare spots "Arizona shade jokingly but the heat is deadly.
Such a device could also be useful for hail.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Arizonan here. I can appreciate the needs for cold weather but here we have the other extreme: heat.
Ventilated seating would be very appreciated as the dash vents need a few minutes just to cool down the vents/dash itself whereas ventilated seats would put the cool air where it is needed immediately. Now if they had a way of cooling the steering wheel...
What could be an useful accessory is an awning on a roll that could mount just below where the tailgate and tonneau cover meet, or possibly from the frunk This cover could then be pulled over the top of the CT to the frunk (or tailgate). Bonus points for the ability to slightly inflate this cover to reduce conducted heat. The shade provided would significantly reduce the cabin temp from 140-160 F to typical summer temps of 105-120F.
Tesla has an feature to keep the cab somewhat cool but it really uses a lot of AC and the battery also needs to be kept cool as well.
My wife and I often seek to find shade in parking lots which typically is some scrawny desert tree that barely blocks light. We call these rare spots "Arizona shade jokingly but the heat is deadly.
Such a device could also be useful for hail.
All good points, but why is it the Arizona parking lots, every one of them, is not a solar farm. My Aunt lives in Prescott.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
All good points, but why is it the Arizona parking lots, every one of them, is not a solar farm. My Aunt lives in Prescott.
Yep. Parking in AZ should double as solar. Collects power, prevents sun/ heat damage, makes getting into the car more comfortable, and saves energy cooling them down when you do get in. Huge easy low hanging fruit.
Sponsored