First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, very good video.

Lots of good little bits in there. I listened to it twice and maybe should have taken notes but hard to take notes while driving (until FSD fulfills itā€™s promise).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Jordan Giesige's series on the batteries is really a must-watch documentary. Even if you don't know how batteries or electronics works, he breaks it down so you can feel like an expert. It was an adventure for him, too, as he's a money guy and not a tech guy, but money guys who are open and scientific like this makes him a heck of a Unicorn.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I made it through about 20 minutes. My take away was the first year of 4680s won't have many of the actual chemistry improvements. The energy gains are from the form factor and pack design. Still good progress though. Lately I have been leaning towards whatever configuration would give the best range, but now I am back to hoping that the structural pack will in fact be upgradeable.

Upgrade in 4 years (from delivery). The existing pack will serve another 10 years in my off grid home.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Jordan Giesige's series on the batteries is really a must-watch documentary. Even if you don't know how batteries or electronics works, he breaks it down so you can feel like an expert. It was an adventure for him, too, as he's a money guy and not a tech guy, but money guys who are open and scientific like this makes him a heck of a Unicorn.

-Crissa
I wish he had a podcast channel the way David Lee does. I far prefer listening while driving or riding my bike to being a slave to the video. I listened to one of his videos last night while going to sleep (I know Iā€™m weird), but I canā€™t queue them up for offline listening.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Need a beesKnees video player to grok ā€œThe Limiting Factorā€.

Any pointers to a good YT player that has more controls to go back and forth, screen capture and annotate? Burned two days on my oil lamp digesting 4680. Then putting it all together in one concise document.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I wish he had a podcast channel the way David Lee does. I far prefer listening while driving or riding my bike to being a slave to the video. I listened to one of his videos last night while going to sleep (I know Iā€™m weird), but I canā€™t queue them up for offline listening.
If you use chrome go to the appstore and use "downloadhelper" to download youtube videos and save them on your computer.

You can watch the saved videos using an open source video player called "VLC". VLC has mobile versions for phones and tablets. Or you can use "Plex". Personally, I use Plex to stream my movies and TV to my personal devices when I travel.

DownloadHelper and VLC are free and if you find the software useful you can donate to the developers directly if you'd like. Google the words I quoted above and it'll point you to their websites.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you use chrome go to the appstore and use "downloadhelper" to download youtube videos and save them on your computer.

You can watch the saved videos using an open source video player called "VLC". VLC has mobile versions for phones and tablets. Or you can use "Plex". Personally, I use Plex to stream my movies and TV to my personal devices when I travel.

DownloadHelper and VLC are free and if you find the software useful you can donate to the developers directly if you'd like. Google the words I quoted above and it'll point you to their websites.
Ohā€¦ I have good ways of pulling MP3s from YouTube videos.

Just too lazy to figure out how to automate turning a YouTube channel into an MP3 feed. Doing it manually isnā€˜t worth the effort.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
You can with youtube premium. You can at least listen to them offline. I imagine there is a queue mechanism as well.
Sponsored