HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I regularly move with my Dodge a John Deere X595 garden tractor, diesel, 4x4, with rear wheel weights (80 pounds ea), 6 suitcase weights (40 ea), and a JD 45 front end loader. Or, if no FEL, then a 47" snow blower.

Tractor is 1080 pounds, add 400 for counter weights, add 515 for the FEL. Sub total 1995, add 70 for fuel, hydraulic fluid and engine oil. Total estimated 2065 pounds.

For this to fit in the CT, I will need to remove the suitcase weights and quick-tach bracket. Wheelbase is 4.5' but the overall is 6.56' feet. Looks like I'll need my Dodge till the 8' Contractor CT is a thing. lol

Even the 1970 Gravely weighs 650 pounds

32E5A2E9-BCF3-4FB1-88D7-CF2EA3E0439D.jpeg

34FA3662-A42E-463B-A456-CAA1549B9AA1.jpeg

CDB29C65-AF29-47A7-91CB-30D36FE39B87.jpeg
I'd like to see a photo of the ramp you use to get that JD snowblower in the bed of your Dodge truck! Because I don't think your Dodge truck can "kneel" down low like the Cybertruck can so it's going to take a ramp that is much longer and heavier. Can you even fit the ramp in the back of your Dodge after loading the tractor?

Photos please! This I would like to see!
Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I'd like to see a photo of the ramp you use to get that JD snowblower in the bed of your Dodge truck! Because I don't think your Dodge truck can "kneel" down low like the Cybertruck can so it's going to take a ramp that is much longer and heavier. Can you even fit the ramp in the back of your Dodge after loading the tractor?

Photos please! This I would like to see!
Well, I don't have a picture of the tractor getting loaded on truck....... lol

But I can say I have a set of 7.5' arched alum ramps, nonfolding, 3k capacity that cost around $300. I ALWAYS use a 1500 pound tie strap from each ramp to the truck's bumper to prevent them from kicking out.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

But I can say I have a set of 7.5' arched alum ramps, nonfolding, 3k capacity that cost around $300. I ALWAYS use a 1500 pound tie strap from each ramp to the truck's bumper to prevent them from kicking out.
I have similar, tri folding with hole perforations? Been debating if I'll still need it with the CT. Originally bought to load my Harley (650 lbs dry) on the trailer when we moved across country.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Those ramps will work even better with the Cybertruck since it can squat it's bed down low. Those ramps seem pretty sketchy in terms of their short length if your Dodge bed is as high as that on my F-150 4X4. 7.5' is just not that long when trying to go so high.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have similar, tri folding with hole perforations? Been debating if I'll still need it with the CT. Originally bought to load my Harley (650 lbs dry) on the trailer when we moved across country.
Yes, and a trailer has a much lower bed height than most pickups.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Those ramps will work even better with the Cybertruck since it can squat it's bed down low. Those ramps seem pretty sketchy in terms of their short length if your Dodge bed is as high as that on my F-150 4X4. 7.5' is just not that long when trying to go so high.
Oh it's sketchy! Downright scary.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes, need longer ramp without large bump in the middle.

Maybe these suppliers can design something. Some with lengths 2 or 3 meters

Guldmann Stepless folding ramps are available in different lengths to accommodate different needs. We always recommend using the longest ramp possible – the longer the ramp, the gentler the gradient and the easier the ramp is to negotiate.
Generally speaking, we recommend the following ramp lengths in relation to the stated gradients:
User-operated manual wheelchair: maximum gradient 1:7.
Helper-assisted manual wheelchair and electric wheelchair: maximum gradient 1:5.
Recommended ramp lengths are presented in the chart below.
https://www.stepless.com/media/3171/rampediagram-til-web-uk.pdf

Guldmann Stepless ramps
https://www.stepless.com/int/products/ramps/portable-ramps/lite-ramps

BraunAbility Portable Ramps
https://www.braunability.com/us/en/mobility-products/braunability-europe/portable-ramps.html
Sponsored